bacon wrapped Thanksgiving eve

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fueling Around

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 10, 2018
FL winter, MN summer
We are a free from tradition family. First off, we don't do turkey. Chicken is preferred for light eating. Sometimes it is whole roasted, but preference is spatch cocked.
This year was an early feast of chicken enchilada. Didn't get any photos of the enchilada making.
Did get a few of the bacon wrapped jalapenos I stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar/jack cheese for appetizer.

on.png pooper.png plated.png

Thanksgiving?
Breakfast is buckboard bacon.
Main course is beef steak skewers on the kettle.

Wishing everyone a great holiday .

-John

Thanks for the likes and replies everyone.
Especially you Warren HalfSmoked HalfSmoked You acknowledge the nods (likes) so well, you earn the shout out.

I'm not great on getting photo records of my meals.

I did get a shot of my wife's cheesecake this morning. She makes amazing cheesecake.
Son requested the Mrs Richardson's Caramel Sauce which I enjoy, too.
c-cake.png

I missed quite a few Thanksgivings myself, cooking for other folks in restaurants. We now do a mostly traditional as this is pretty much the only time we eat Turkey. I did make ABT's as an App. The Baker, daughter#2, spent this week at a friend's house, so we had a pretty crappy store bought Pumpkin pie. So much Spices, you couldn't taste Pumpkin!
The Turkey Breasts were good and we made disco disco Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Potatoes. They were really great!. We ate almost all the meat but have a lot of Stuffing and Gravy leftover. I will likely cook another Turkey, to use up leftovers, early next week...JJ

Reactions: Fueling Around
Thanks for the likes and replies everyone.
Especially you Warren HalfSmoked HalfSmoked You acknowledge the nods (likes) so well, you earn the shout out.

I'm not great on getting photo records of my meals.

I did get a shot of my wife's cheesecake this morning. She makes amazing cheesecake.
Son requested the Mrs Richardson's Caramel Sauce which I enjoy, too.
View attachment 472637

Thanks for the acknowledgement it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

Looks Great !!
I just remembered why We chose to have Christmas at our house all those years, and My BIL got Thanksgiving!!! Christmas Ham---Thanksgiving Turkey.
I'd probably choose you wraps over Turkey!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: Fueling Around
I missed quite a few Thanksgivings myself, cooking for other folks in restaurants. We now do a mostly traditional as this is pretty much the only time we eat Turkey. I did make ABT's as an App. The Baker, daughter#2, spent this week at a friend's house, so we had a pretty crappy store bought Pumpkin pie. So much Spices, you couldn't taste Pumpkin!
The Turkey Breasts were good and we made disco disco Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Potatoes. They were really great!. We ate almost all the meat but have a lot of Stuffing and Gravy leftover. I will likely cook another Turkey, to use up leftovers, early next week...JJ
Glad you liked the potatoes. You need help using up those leftover...

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky