1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños.

Discussion in 'Veggies' started by 73saint, Jul 23, 2018.

1. 73saint

73saint Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

We’ve been doing the low carb thing, so Sunday night I wanted some grilled stuffed jalapeños. Took out a pack of cherry smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese and cream cheese. Now off to the store for some charcoal for the grill and I will be set!
    EFA83562-9EF7-4489-9E9E-B2B0DB11D1CB.jpeg
    The local store had cherry charcoal so I figured that would pair well with the cherry bacon I’ve been smoking.

60706CE7-B77C-457A-A909-C88DEE42F538.jpeg
    Cleaned out my jalapeños and started to stuff em w cream cheese.

611B2272-B9DF-4281-A21C-A15FD232328E.jpeg

F8FE96B1-1A48-4160-ABF7-3CAF6F5D1514.jpeg
    Ready for the grill

AD1D42DC-3BFD-4D90-93AD-91F7573B8C42.jpeg
    Grill was hot but I managed to cook it up pretty evenly. I really like the way the home made bacon handles on the grill.

43569B17-9E7E-4456-81AA-ED835EACC26E.jpeg
    They turned out great! Bacon good and crispy, spicy jalapeño cooled off w the cream cheese. And the cherry smoke flavor was real nice!

Will do these simple snacks again for sure!

2. Those look amazing!!! Was looking for an appetizer to serve this weekend and this may be it (though I don't have any cherry bacon :( ).

Thanks for sharing.

73saint likes this.
  3. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks good... Always feed the beast.

73saint likes this.
  4. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

Those look great! Way better than store bought bacon that falls apart.

Try Boursin or Goat cheese to switch it up sometime...its killer in the jalapeno's!

73saint likes this.
  5. AllAces

AllAces Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Here is another twist on stuffed peppers: cut the stem end off, remove seeds, stuff with cream cheese, wrap with bacon, stick a Little Smokey weiner in on top of the cheese.

The Butt Man and 73saint like this.
  6. Love stuffed peppers. That bacon looks really nice.

73saint likes this.
  7. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Nice job!

IMG_20180704_112714.jpg

73saint likes this.
  8. mattkm

mattkm Fire Starter

Those look tasty!

73saint likes this.
  9. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That is mighty fine looking!!!! Started doing the stuffed peppers on the smoker this yr and love them. Point for sure...

73saint likes this.
  10. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit

Like for sure! Does that cherry charcoal matter? I've tried the Mesquite and I didn't notice any difference. I'm thinking of just switching to lump entirely..

And how long did you have them on? I've only done ABTs in my smoker :)

11. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Great looking ABT's (for more ideas on ABT's look them up in the forum list) yours sound great and I see some other variation already list to your thread from others.

Warren

12. 73saint

I think it did, I noticed a slightly more Smokey flavor.

They were tricky to cook. My fire was really hot, so I would lid my Weber until temp hit 350, then I would pull the rack of pepper off the grill (because I could not flip them quickly enough for the coals to combust). Once I flipped them I’d put the rack back on the coals and keep It uncovered until the flames would start back up, then I would lid the grill again and repeat the process.

About 30 mins total, and by the time I was done I was a sweaty mess, but it was worth it (not to mention scorching the bacon would have been an epic fail)

13. HalfSmoked

Ha hot and sweaty good excuse for another cold one. :D

Warren

73saint likes this.
  14. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have about 2 dozen peppers in the fridge.

Maybe this weekend.

73saint likes this.
  15. 73saint

We ate them leftover last night, cold. They were still great! When leftovers are good cold that’s usually a good indicator for me.

16. HalfSmoked

73saint Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

17. HalfSmoked

Hey c farmer may as well do something with your time you can't seem to do any hay. Ha

Warren