Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
We’ve been doing the low carb thing, so Sunday night I wanted some grilled stuffed jalapeños. Took out a pack of cherry smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese and cream cheese. Now off to the store for some charcoal for the grill and I will be set!
EFA83562-9EF7-4489-9E9E-B2B0DB11D1CB.jpeg
The local store had cherry charcoal so I figured that would pair well with the cherry bacon I’ve been smoking.

60706CE7-B77C-457A-A909-C88DEE42F538.jpeg
Cleaned out my jalapeños and started to stuff em w cream cheese.

611B2272-B9DF-4281-A21C-A15FD232328E.jpeg

F8FE96B1-1A48-4160-ABF7-3CAF6F5D1514.jpeg
Ready for the grill

AD1D42DC-3BFD-4D90-93AD-91F7573B8C42.jpeg
Grill was hot but I managed to cook it up pretty evenly. I really like the way the home made bacon handles on the grill.

43569B17-9E7E-4456-81AA-ED835EACC26E.jpeg
They turned out great! Bacon good and crispy, spicy jalapeño cooled off w the cream cheese. And the cherry smoke flavor was real nice!

Will do these simple snacks again for sure!

Those look amazing!!! Was looking for an appetizer to serve this weekend and this may be it (though I don't have any cherry bacon :( ).

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 73saint
Those look great! Way better than store bought bacon that falls apart.

Try Boursin or Goat cheese to switch it up sometime...its killer in the jalapeno's!

That is mighty fine looking!!!! Started doing the stuffed peppers on the smoker this yr and love them. Point for sure...

Like for sure! Does that cherry charcoal matter? I've tried the Mesquite and I didn't notice any difference. I'm thinking of just switching to lump entirely..

And how long did you have them on? I've only done ABTs in my smoker :)

Great looking ABT's (for more ideas on ABT's look them up in the forum list) yours sound great and I see some other variation already list to your thread from others.

Warren

I think it did, I noticed a slightly more Smokey flavor.

They were tricky to cook. My fire was really hot, so I would lid my Weber until temp hit 350, then I would pull the rack of pepper off the grill (because I could not flip them quickly enough for the coals to combust). Once I flipped them I’d put the rack back on the coals and keep It uncovered until the flames would start back up, then I would lid the grill again and repeat the process.

About 30 mins total, and by the time I was done I was a sweaty mess, but it was worth it (not to mention scorching the bacon would have been an epic fail)

We ate them leftover last night, cold. They were still great! When leftovers are good cold that’s usually a good indicator for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky