• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bacon wrapped Pork Loin

wrazlin

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Decided to switch it up today and smoke a bacon wrapped pork loin.. 225- 3hours 145 internal temp .. this sucker was JUICY!

Attachments

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 12, 2017
Looks awesome. I have a pork loin in the freezer, and this is making me want to do it up soon.

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 5, 2017
Those look awesome. Ive never wrapped anything in bacon before smoking. I always wanted to but the wife doesn’t care for bacon, yeah I know, I should have considered that before we tied the knot. Do you get just as much smoke penetration in the loin when it’s bacon wrapped? I was always curious if the bacon would shield most of the smoke from the inner meat.

richorn

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 14, 2018
the wife doesn’t care for bacon
I actually get that at some level. I want my bacon "cooked", and most of the time you wrap, the fat is soft, not crispy. Since getting into bbq, I find myself using bacon more because of the flavor add, but I don't necessarily eat it unless it ended up VERY crispy. Im a 3.5 on everyones favorite internet bacon chart!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks fantastic!
Great work!
Al

wrazlin

Joined Apr 9, 2017
I agree that bacon doesn’t get as crispy- what i have found is if I pull it a bit before temp and put it in the oven for 15 min or so it will crisp over and keep the juice in. As far as smoke flavor I haven’t had any problem getting smoke to the meat .

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Nice job on that loin, I could go for a slice or two.

Point for sure.

Chris

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.