• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bacon wrapped chicken livers

Trolly1

Joined Nov 9, 2018
Hello all - I was craving something smoked but didn’t have much time so I decided to do some bacon wrapped chicken livers. I smoked them at 250 on the pellet smoker for 2.5 hours using hickory pellets - they were really tasty! Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Now that's a new one, and it looks good.
I love both bacon and livers, so I'd have to give that a go.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Oh my. Thats sounds and looks great. I love livers and gizzards.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I would have never thought of this but man do I love chicken livers. I rarely have them as noone else in my family will eat them. I am definitely going to do a pan of these on my next smoked. Thanks!!

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 16, 2015
That brought back some great memories ! My Mom use to make something called Rumaki, with chicken livers and water chestnuts marinated in teriaki sauce, wrapped in bacon, and baked in the oven. Smoking would definitely be the next level up. I could go for some of those right now, Awesome !

checkdude

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2016
That is brilliant! Did you use any seasonings? Weekend is coming and I see these in my future.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Very interesting and unusual combination: bacon and chicken liver. Got to give this a try.
Trolly1, did you use any spices? Anything at all?

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Bet they were good Smoked! Siege, there was not a single Cocktail Party, Card Night or Holiday Gathering, in the 50's and 60's, that did not include a big platter of RUMAKI! Some serious Old School finger food. They began to fall out of favor because of the push for Low Fat healthier eating in the 70's, Damn you Crudité!
Rumaki is still delicious and the different textures make them fun to eat...JJ

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 16, 2015
Yup....they were usually found by " the pigs in a blanket " ( little smokies wrapped in croissants), and the boiled shrimp on ice, served with a cocktail sauce (ketchup laced with horseradish) .Deviled eggs anyone ?

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Trolly Those look fantastic .

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Yup....they were usually found by " the pigs in a blanket " ( little smokies wrapped in croissants), and the boiled shrimp on ice, served with a cocktail sauce (ketchup laced with horseradish) .Deviled eggs anyone ?
LOL...We STILL put out that stuff at family gatherings during the Holidays! My kids, in their 20's, grew up on this stuff at both Grandma's houses and still expect to have it when at our house...JJ

drdon

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 20, 2012
Looks great. Gonna try that with a slice of jalapeno smoked on it. Thanks for the idea.
Don

Trolly1

Joined Nov 9, 2018
Thanks everyone - I really appreciate your comments! I did not use any seasonings on these other than some pepper on the livers. The next batch I’ll season the livers with crushed rosemary.

Last edited:

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
I probably wouldn't eat those, but my wife would be all over them.

Point for sure
Chris

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.