Bacon Weave Tutorial

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
Here's the best I could do with the Bacon Weave Tutorial. After you look at the pics, there's really no need for explanation. If ya need some, give me a holler..
--ray--

1. I lay wax paper down

2. Lay down either horizontally or verticley

3. Fold back every other row.

4. Lay a piece down.

5. Lay the folded row back down and fold back the other rows.

6. If ya look close at the pics, you'll see that you alternate after laying down a piece of bacon.

Continue alternating the pieces that you pick up and fold over until you have reached the end.

I hope this helps. Just look at the pics closely and you'll see how I'm doin it. This is the easiest way I have found to weave bacon.

--ray--

Very nice there ray and thanks for that tutorial.

I am going to prep my first fatties here in about an hour and was going to skip the weave, but you make it look so easy! THANKS!

Nice Tutorial...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I was so into doin this right that I never thought that I didn't have a chub to wrap up in this bacon. So, I grabbed a 1 1/4 lbs of burger that I had sitting in the fridge and flattened it out and threw four different kinds of cheeses and mushrooms in it and froze it for another day.

A fatty made from burger? Huh, would that even be called a fatty?

I did take pics but they will be in a thread when I smoke it.
--ray--

Good job, another task I had trouble with at first-mostly with how many strips to use, kept coming up short. The pictures really say it all.
points.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Glad you took the "tutorial hint" Ray. I've given this thread *Sticky* status.

LOL. Thanks Dutch. I just know when I first came here I had a heak of a time trying to do the weave. After the second time I just stood there and studied it and it sunk in. lol
--ray--

Thank ya Dude. Like I told Dutch, I really don't have any of my own recipes to contribute, I was just tryin to figure out ways to give-back to SMF for turning me, and my family into, smokin addicts.
Thanx again,
--ray--

I believe you ARE on to something with the ground beef...I can see that easily replacing meatloaf done in the oven!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky