Bacon Shrimp Ceviche

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow Epic!!, I'll have to look into this Ceviche stuff
I Love Ceviche done right with fresh fish.
Here ya go Dan..
https://foodcrumbles.com/ceviche-science-of-cooking-fish-with-acids/

The old fashioned key lime pie is a form of ceviche, or cooking with acid. The lime juice denatures the egg protiens and drops the pH to prevent spoilage. The pie actually does not need to be cooked.

Ceviche is nothing to be afraid of, as long as the acid is given enough time to do it's thing....

Last edited:
Great cook peachy! I love ceviche and we make it fairly often at the fishing camp with fresh fish. That bacon had to kick it up a notch! Nice creativity....props for that! Like!

All the great ingredients! I love Ceviche with Scallops...JJ

Jeez Peachy, there's nothing left for me to say about this... Triple Crown !!!!! AWESOME !!!!!
Thanks for the flowers Dave. Thought we might be eating cereal last night but got home to my youngest daughter making hamburger gravy and garlic red skinned mashed potatoes. I chopped up some leftover brisket to add to gravy.

Wow, what a meal!
I have never smoked avocado, but will definitely give it a try!
Everything Looks delicious!
Al

At first look I was like "ceviche? No way!" But once you started talking grilling the shrimp I was cool. And from there I was wow'd! Love the use of meat to flavor the grates, and for strategically placing them above the others stuff to drip on down over them. End product looks fantastic!! Thanks for sharing and congrats!!

Wow, what a meal!
I have never smoked avocado, but will definitely give it a try!
Everything Looks delicious!
Al
Thanks Al. It’s definitely worth it. Spay a little lime juice on it first to help it maintain color. I also put some of my wife friendly rub on it (wife has food allergies) it’s basically Italian season with salt, onion and garlic powder.

At first look I was like "ceviche? No way!" But once you started talking grilling the shrimp I was cool. And from there I was wow'd! Love the use of meat to flavor the grates, and for strategically placing them above the others stuff to drip on down over them. End product looks fantastic!! Thanks for sharing and congrats!!
Thanks PI. Burger and bacon grease on the veggies definitely makes them extra flavorful

Geeze peachey you may have to change your tag name to Secretariat. I think your the first triple crown winner.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky