Bacon onion rings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You're hooked, there is no turning back now. :emoji_thumbsup: I have a couple of tips I can share that can up your game.... first, if you lay a sheet of clear wrap on your bacon and pound it out, it grows in length and width (plus you can get the perfect thickness), this way the rings are easier to wrap and it will be more even. Second, try wrapping rings of green bell pepper and red bell pepper. I like them as much as onions and they stay a little crisper. I can wrap one ring with 1 strip of bacon. Any non-salt spice is a plus.

kOxUlYT.jpg
hT9834U.jpg

YUM! these have been on my todo list for far too long. gotta find a way to squeeze a cook in!

O....M....G!!! Those look fantastic Peachy. I can only imagine...3 slices of bacon to wrap one onion ring.That's my kind of food right there sir. Excellent job.

Robert

Reactions: smokin peachey
Those look awesome and probably tasted even better

Yum.... so, 1.5 hrs at 225º or ???
Kinda depends how crispy you like your bacon and how thick of bacon you use. If you stretch your back thin and only use one piece per ring they will get done quicker then if you try to get as much bacon on each ring like I did they will take longer.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
You're hooked, there is no turning back now. :emoji_thumbsup: I have a couple of tips I can share that can up your game.... first, if you lay a sheet of clear wrap on your bacon and pound it out, it grows in length and width (plus you can get the perfect thickness), this way the rings are easier to wrap and it will be more even. Second, try wrapping rings of green bell pepper and red bell pepper. I like them as much as onions and they stay a little crisper. I can wrap one ring with 1 strip of bacon. Any non-salt spice is a plus.

View attachment 481749
View attachment 481750
I would rather use 3 pieces per ring then try stretching it and only using one slice per ring. I kinda like more bacon vs less.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky