Bacon & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts (CI on the Kettle)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Misplaced Nebraskan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2018
Austin, TX
e.jpg

After seeing all the amazing CI cooks that tx smoker tx smoker , SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan , and others have been posting, not to mention the countless prods by Robert... haha, I had to get out the old CI Skillet. It has somehow fallen by the wayside and I'm glad y'all have been bringing it back recently and got me into it. This is the first time I've used it on the grill though. Wife even said to do it to so it'll get that "charcoal" flavor kiss. Who I am to say no to that?!

Here comes the shocking part... I took 5 pics total... yeah. I promise I'm OK though. At least I think so haha.

Firing up the Weber 26" (promise it's a 26! The Ranch dwarfs it)

a.jpg

Knob of butter in the preheated pan

b.jpg

Light coat of Cook Shack Chicken Rub on the outsides (I can hear this picture!)

c.jpg

First flip of many

d.jpg

Wife Par boiled some Green Beans and we added those in when the chicken was near completion with an extra knob of butter. Basically, these were brown butter green beans tossed in goat cheese and bacon pan remnants with a twist of CBP at the end. They went faster than the chicken!

e.jpg

This was a complete success in our books. Crusty seared outsides with that tart goat cheese profile. The wife said that this was now her favorite chicken dish and will be made again. Words, sure. But she ate her piece in it's entirety. She usually eats about half cause I always cook "Zach Portions". She complained a little about being full but kept going back. That right there is all the compliment I need. I am a happy camper.

Now, I need to go lie down and digest for a bit.

Cheer's y'all!

That looks and reads as very tasty, those beans must have been awesome.
Goats cheese is very underrated in my opinion, almost a dressing on its own
Thank you. It melted down nicely for a great green bean coating. and the butter helped too haha.

Nice, very very nice Zach. I'm afraid my wife won't allow her porcelain cast iron on the grill.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Very delicious looking meal! I’d take a Zach sized portion any day, or maybe even a bigger “xray” portion just to be safe!

I get what you mean about the beans going faster than the chicken. I tend to fixate on simplier things than what is supposed to be the main dish. I’ll cook a perfect steak for the wife, meanwhile I’m meandering on about how crispy the potatoes are.

And you can go wrong with browned butter.

Very delicious looking meal! I’d take a Zach sized portion any day, or maybe even a bigger “xray” portion just to be safe!

I get what you mean about the beans going faster than the chicken. I tend to fixate on simplier things than what is supposed to be the main dish. I’ll cook a perfect steak for the wife, meanwhile I’m meandering on about how crispy the potatoes are.

And you can go wrong with browned butter.

Thanks XRay. They were some large... portions... as far a pre-cook weight anyway. I thought there were 4 pieces in the bag as I was thawing them haha.

Zach....I'm a bit late showing up but that looks nothing short of spectacular my friend. Just gorgeous!! I am however a bit disappointed that you only took 5 pics. Seriously now....the ultimate picture whore and only 5? Your lovely bride is gonna revoke your camera privileges with a lackluster performance like that :emoji_laughing: Back to the meal though...I cannot do chicken around here but I am without doubt planning to do this one with turkey breasts. That's just too good NOT to make at some point real soon. Excellent job once again and it sure is great to see you back and posting a bit. Now that you've broken the ice with the CI I cannot wait to see what else you may come up with. I'm having a blast with the stuff.

Big LIKE on this one buddy!!
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky