Bacon Experiment: Seasoned With Jeff's Original Rub (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
looks fantastic Robert! i could almost smell it here.

Appreciate it Jim. It did smell GUUUUD!!

Robert, Looks like you nailed that one good!!! man that look delish!

Thanks so much Dave. I had a great teacher so it was easy.

I’ve got a few looks I am going to do into Canadian bacon. Need to get some belly and buckboard going too.

Thanks Jeff. I learned Canadian bacon from Disco and Buckboard bacon from Bear. Got both pretty well dialed in. Feel free to fire off questions if need be but both are very easy.

Robert

I bet using that bbq rub does make it taste good.

Thank you Jake. I had high hopes with that seasoning and it exceeded my expectations.

I will admit it does look pretty dang good Bob. I just received some maple sugar from a very good friend that lives near the source. Looking forward to trying it out. I’m sure I will love it as much as you and yours did.

Thanks FB. Not sure who Bob is but I appreciate the kind words. No doubt that maple sugar would make some fantastic bacon. Would love to get hands on some of that.

Great looking bacon. Wish I could make some that looks like that.

Very much appreciate it Adam but I'm kinda thinking that with all the things you've done, there's been some bacon turned out by you that is nothing short of excellent.

Robert

Bet that was really good with Jeff's rub on it...we really like it. Might have to give this a try next time I do bacon.

It was really good Ryan. I highly recommend it. Next time I'm gonna try a slab with his Texas rub on it.

If I find a belly that looks that good I'll have to give it a shot.

You won't be disappointed I don't believe.

Looks great. You guys are killing me with all the beautiful Bacon

Well get it together Jimmy!! :emoji_laughing: It takes time but not a lot of hands-on time and is very easy to do.

Robert

Sounds brilliant! Big like!

Thank you Disco!! Remember though that you're the devil incarnate that got me started on this stuff...and we love you for it!! JK about the devil part though. Making our own bacon has been a life changing experience, that's for sure.

Looks great Robert! Now how have to grab a pack out of the freezer.

Thanks Steve....what did you do with the bacon? BLT? Bacon burgers?

Thanks for posting this up.

Appreciate it Joe. It took a while to get the whole process done and for me to get around to posting it, but it was a fun experiment

Robert

Reactions: disco
I just might try this out on my next batch of bacon,

Thank you for the kind words my friend. I thought you might get a kick out of this. The stuff is REALLY good!!

Thanks for sharing about Jeffs rub. Will have to give that a go next time!

You can't go wrong. Such a great flavor profile. Would work great for breakfast, on burgers, BLT's. Good stuff.

Dang that is some good looking bacon!

Thank you Al. I appreciate it sir. Seems as though your pickle recipe has taken top slot around here as far as favorites go. Just did 6 more quarts over the weekend. Those things are flying off the shelves!!

Robert

Robert, that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna go back to drooling now🤤

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky