Bacon Dogs (Hot Mustard)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Bacon Dogs (Hot Mustard)

I got that Hot Dog Craving again, so I got a pack of All Beef out of the Freezer.

I made my little cuts in them & fried them up in the Bacon Grease left from the Bacon that’s going in these Sammies.
Some of the Bacon is leftover Store Bought from a couple nights of BLTs.
And some of the Bacon is some of the BBBB I cured & smoked awhile back.

So the first night, I put some Kelchner’s Hot Mustard on, and lined the sides with Bacon.
Then Dropped the Dogs in between the Bacon Pieces.
Then I put a small pile of Baked Beans on the side too.

The second night I just heated up a couple Dogs, Squirted some Yellow Mustard on, and added a bunch of Olives.

That’s it for now,

Bear

These are my favorite of regular size Dogs (Oscar Mayer Beef Franks):
IMG_5708.jpeg

Bacon Fried---My BBBB on the Left----Store Bought on Right:
IMG_5709.jpeg

Draining on Paper Towels: (Dark Red is BBBB)
IMG_5710.jpeg

This will be the Hot Mustard on these Dogs:
IMG_5367.jpg

Then the Bacon goes in:
IMG_5711.jpeg

Then the Bacon Grease Fried Dogs are Air-Lifted to the Rolls to complete the Bear-Bait:
IMG_5712.jpeg

Gotta add some Baked Beans:
IMG_5713.jpeg

Next Night I just used Yellow Mustard:
IMG_5714.jpeg

Add the Dogs & a bunch of Olives:
IMG_5715.jpeg

Looks pretty tasty Bear. Never gave it a thought to add bacon. It always seemed to me that hot dogs tasted just a little bit better when they were scored with a knife.

Reactions: PPG1
Nice looking dogs Bear! Why is it that the simple things are sometimes never thought of...I've never put bacon on hotdogs, what was i thinking

Ryan

Nice work on those " Florida " dogs . Bet the ones with bacon were awesome . I could eat the whole pack .
First time my son had Oscar Meyer dogs , we were on vacation in Florida . After we got home he kept asking for Florida hot dogs . Dang , that was 20 years ago .

Last edited:
Love Hot Dogs

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Dogs with bacon are awesome. I would sub the hot mustard for regular though. By the way Bear, I got to say your BBBB bacon looks much BBBBetter than the store bought!

Thank You Brett !!
As you can see, the Mustard I use depends on My Mood at the time.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice looking dogs Bear! Why is it that the simple things are sometimes never thought of...I've never put bacon on hotdogs, what was i thinking

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
There's a Sports Bar in Stroudsburg, PA that has a Gas fired cooker behind the Bar.
They Pre-make Hot Dogs wrapped in Bacon, and freeze them. When you order them they stick them in the oven, and pull a big lever (like a one arm bandit), and the flames shoot out all over the place. A few minutes later your Dogs get put in rolls & the Bacon Dogs are nice & Charred & Tasty!! Me & Bear junior used to stop there on the way home, every time we went Trout Fishing up there.

Bear

Looks pretty tasty Bear. Never gave it a thought to add bacon. It always seemed to me that hot dogs tasted just a little bit better when they were scored with a knife.

Thank You Denny!!
Yup---Score them & add some Bacon---Can't beat it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice work on those " Florida " dogs . Bet the ones with bacon were awesome . I could eat the whole pack .
First time my son had Oscar Meyer dogs , we were on vacation in Florida . After we got home he kept asking for Florida hot dogs . Dang , that was 20 years ago .

Thank You Rich!!
Funny how little Memories can just pop up like that, and make us smile.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Those dogs look excellent Bear! Love Bacon on them as well. Haven't had them that much lately, gonna rectify that this week. Thanks for the reminder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky