Bacon 2nd attempt with new rig better than first

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Markl

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 1, 2020
Minnesota
First attempt was using a smoke tube in my Pit Boss pellet smoker. Wasn't bad, but a little strong/harsh until I bagged it for a few days to mellow.
This time I used my new cold smoke rig, picking up a used MES 30 digital and added the mailbox mod.
20221112_152718.jpg

Used the A-maze-n smoke tube with Hickory pellets. Ambient temp was 33 degrees and during the smoke session Internal temp of the MES hovered 50-55 degrees. Smoked for 4.5 hrs
Belly going in:
20221122_112237.jpg

Bacon coming out:
20221122_165144.jpg

Cooked a few slices (forgot to grab pics), much cleaner smoke flavor and pepper with a hint of maple syrup came thru just right where the wife and kids like it. Very happy with how this came out, especially with the new cold smoke rig.

Kudos to everyone that helps us newbies get up to speed

First attempt was using a smoke tube in my Pit Boss pellet smoker. Wasn't bad, but a little strong/harsh until I bagged it for a few days to mellow.
This time I used my new cold smoke rig, picking up a used MES 30 digital and added the mailbox mod.
View attachment 649168
Used the A-maze-n smoke tube with Hickory pellets. Ambient temp was 33 degrees and during the smoke session Internal temp of the MES hovered 50-55 degrees. Smoked for 4.5 hrs
Belly going in:View attachment 649169
Bacon coming out:
View attachment 649170

Cooked a few slices (forgot to grab pics), much cleaner smoke flavor and pepper with a hint of maple syrup came thru just right where the wife and kids like it. Very happy with how this came out, especially with the new cold smoke rig.

sweeeet!. Love a hint or maple slurple too

Reactions: Markl
View attachment 649168
Bacon coming out:
View attachment 649170

Nice job on the smoker. Bacon looks great, the most important thing is the wife and kids liked it too...

Nice job on the smoker. Bacon looks great, the most important thing is the wife and kids liked it too...
Thanks, everyone likes it, including some friends and family

Great looking bacon! Does anyone ever notice that when you make bacon, people you haven't seen in a long time somehow know you've got bacon on the smoker?

Dave

View attachment 649168
Bacon coming out:
View attachment 649170

I like it ! Good setup

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky