Backyard/Amateur Competitions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CBusOHDawg

Original poster
Apr 6, 2019
I saw where someone posted last week about a church rib competition and am wondering if anyone knows of other backyard/amateur competitions in Ohio. I live in Columbus, but don't mind driving a few hours. I've searched everywhere online, but found almost nothing and I'm sure a lot of these types of competitions aren't heavily advertised.

Reactions: fivetricks
I'm bumping this because I'm looking for the same exact thing. Want to try my hand at an amateur competition. Use a pellet smoker and get some rave reviews for the smoked turkey breast, smoked trout and pork ribs.

Am up in the northern part of the state in Cleveland, but am willing to travel a bit too. CBusOHDawg, if we can find a competition, would you ever considering teaming up, with each guy doing half of the BBQ menu?

Yeah, I’d be open to that. Just to give you a heads up though, I’m still kind of a newbie. I just got into smoking last summer and the only meats I really feel confident in at this point are ribs and pulled pork. I’ve been told I do those really well, but I’ve spent all my time on those and haven’t ventured into anything else yet.

Let me know if you hear of any anything.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky