Back To The Sourdough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got a mix going tonight. Usings the Clever Carrot SD recipe. Got 10 lbs of KA high gluten flour yesterday so lets see how this turns out. I thought the price of meat would be a tad cheaper here than it was in Naples......Not by much so my sausage making is on the back burner for while until i can get on post to the commissary and check prices.

All mixed and now 1 hour for autolyse (resting after mixing) covered.
Not purdy yet.
ccsd.jpg

Looks better now, just shaped into a ball. Cover and let it rise some before stretch & fold..........BBL
ccsd1.jpg

Got a mix going tonight. Usings the Clever Carrot SD recipe. Got 10 lbs of KA high gluten flour yesterday so lets see how this turns out. I thought the price of meat would be a tad cheaper here than it was in Naples......Not by much so my sausage making is on the back burner for while until i can get on post to the commissary and check prices.

Not purdy yet.
View attachment 512662

Looks better now, just shaped into a ball. Cover and let it rise some before stretch & fold..........BBL
View attachment 512663
Do you

Not purdy yet.
View attachment 512662

View attachment 512663
Do you keep a starter going,I do. But I've had a few problems, once I was warming up some to get working in a warmed oven that was off my wife decided to make brownies-got alot of crap for ruining her Tupperware lol

Do you

Do you keep a starter going,I do. But I've had a few problems, once I was warming up some to get working in a warmed oven that was off my wife decided to make brownies-got alot of crap for ruining her Tupperware lol

I keep my starter active, i have 3 diff starters that are 6 months old. Each has their own flavor.

Shape and second rise in the banneton, covered for an hour.
Side showing will be the bottom of loaf.
ccsd2.jpg

yes! I am back on baking more that its cooling off here. cant wait to see the final product

Last edited:
Its SD bread time.

20 min bake with lid on.

Remove lid off dutch and bake for 40 mins at 400*
ccsd3.jpg

30 mins, remove bread from dutch and place on rack for the last 10 mins.
ccsd4.jpg

Now cool on a wire rack.
ccsd5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Your right Rick, if you make your own bread it doesn’t cost that much. Judy grows our own broccoli, mung bean, and radish sprouts. I eat them for lunch every day, & I put them in her homemade pita bread. We’re ready for the apocalypse.
Al

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Yup Al

Good to be prepared. In the spring we are going to garden so we can do some canning. Got a place for chickens and maybe a goat, folks down the rd have a couple cows and pigs, dont know if i wanna get a cow yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky