• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Back To The Sourdough

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Got a mix going tonight. Usings the Clever Carrot SD recipe. Got 10 lbs of KA high gluten flour yesterday so lets see how this turns out. I thought the price of meat would be a tad cheaper here than it was in Naples......Not by much so my sausage making is on the back burner for while until i can get on post to the commissary and check prices.

All mixed and now 1 hour for autolyse (resting after mixing) covered.
Not purdy yet.
ccsd.jpg

Looks better now, just shaped into a ball. Cover and let it rise some before stretch & fold..........BBL
ccsd1.jpg

ramatack

Joined Mar 12, 2019
Got a mix going tonight. Usings the Clever Carrot SD recipe. Got 10 lbs of KA high gluten flour yesterday so lets see how this turns out. I thought the price of meat would be a tad cheaper here than it was in Naples......Not by much so my sausage making is on the back burner for while until i can get on post to the commissary and check prices.

Not purdy yet.
View attachment 512662

Looks better now, just shaped into a ball. Cover and let it rise some before stretch & fold..........BBL
View attachment 512663
Do you

Not purdy yet.
View attachment 512662

View attachment 512663
Do you keep a starter going,I do. But I've had a few problems, once I was warming up some to get working in a warmed oven that was off my wife decided to make brownies-got alot of crap for ruining her Tupperware lol

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Do you

Do you keep a starter going,I do. But I've had a few problems, once I was warming up some to get working in a warmed oven that was off my wife decided to make brownies-got alot of crap for ruining her Tupperware lol
I keep my starter active, i have 3 diff starters that are 6 months old. Each has their own flavor.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Nice start. Been a while think its time. I been stuck on that rye bread.

Do you keep a starter going,I
I only bake once a month and can bring my dried starter to ready to bake in less than 2 days. PM me if interested.

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Shape and second rise in the banneton, covered for an hour.
Side showing will be the bottom of loaf.
ccsd2.jpg

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
yes! I am back on baking more that its cooling off here. cant wait to see the final product

Last edited:

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Its SD bread time.

20 min bake with lid on.

Remove lid off dutch and bake for 40 mins at 400*
ccsd3.jpg

30 mins, remove bread from dutch and place on rack for the last 10 mins.
ccsd4.jpg

Now cool on a wire rack.
ccsd5.jpg

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your right Rick, if you make your own bread it doesn’t cost that much. Judy grows our own broccoli, mung bean, and radish sprouts. I eat them for lunch every day, & I put them in her homemade pita bread. We’re ready for the apocalypse.
Al

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Yup Al

Good to be prepared. In the spring we are going to garden so we can do some canning. Got a place for chickens and maybe a goat, folks down the rd have a couple cows and pigs, dont know if i wanna get a cow yet.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Oh yup I'll take a slice or 2 maybe 3 with some Pa apple butter.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.