BabyBacks-Bacon Wrapped Grass

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got one rack of BB ready for a rub down.
kupr.jpg

Rub on now cover and fridge while i prep the grass.
kupr1.jpg

Wrapped bacon around the grass.
bra.jpg

Ribs on the weber
kupr2.jpg

I also have some macNcheese im going to smoke.

BBL

Looks like your off to a good start, what a shame ya ruined that bacon with that green stuff. Only kidding that's actually my favorite vegetable.

I'll be watching. I like that kicked up mustard and you cant beat aspearigus wrapped in bacon.

Thanks

I get the kicked up mustard at kroger when i visit daughter in GA.

Here is the recipe for the macNcheese. Making last

• This is just for 2 servings, for more servings just double.

• 6 ounces (170g) elbow macaroni
  • Salt
  • 6 ounces (180ml) evaporated milk
  • 6 ounces (170g) grated mild or medium cheddar cheese, or any good melting cheese, such as Fontina, Gruyère, or Jack
  1. 1.
    Place macaroni in a medium saucepan or skillet and add just enough cold water to cover. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Continue to cook, stirring, until water has been almost completely absorbed and macaroni is just shy of al dente, about 6 minutes.
  2. 2.
    Immediately add evaporated milk and bring to a boil. Add cheese. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring continuously, until cheese is melted and liquid has reduced to a creamy sauce, about 2 minutes longer. Season to taste with more salt and serve immediately

If your going to smoke you want heat at 225. smoke for 30 mins, if mac looks dry just stir in some water to loosen.

Reactions: Jabiru
I've never seen the mustard seasoning before either, but the Kroger near me says it's with the other seasonings.

For those who don't know Kroger's website will let you pick the store you frequent and when you enter an item and get an info return you can see which aisle it's on in the product info.

Looks very tasty, did you sear the ribs?

we would love that rub, mustard gives the ribs a great flavour I find. I will look for that seasoning around our way but I don’t like my chances :emoji_confused:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky