Baby Backs over Hickory

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sky monkey

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2015
Western Oregon
You can see my rub ingredients in my first pic. Rubbed them 3 hours before smoke and back in the fridge. Stabilized my propane MES 40 at 230F (floated between 220-245 most of the time) and used the 2-2-1 method with hickory chips. Started doing something new with the wrap and putting a little brown sugar bed in the foil which I saw a few times on Pitmasters and wanted to try. I used a little beer, beef stock and pickle juice in the 1/2 cup of liquid I added to the foil when I wrapped them in the crutch.
Smoked these last weekend but had problems uploading photos.
I think the best part of the 2-2-1 method is that last "1" I put a tray of beans under the ribs to catch the drippin's. Didn't get a photo of those but always a hit with the family.
Hope you enjoy!

After rub
Rib 1.jpg
Into the smoker
Rib 2.jpg
Time for the crutch
Rib 3.jpg
Almost forgot to get a money shot, plates were already served, lol
Rib 4.jpg

Nice looking rack

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky