Baby Backs from Sunday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
These were on sale at $3.99 lb. so I had to have them. Cut the end bones off both ends to clean them up. Really kicked up the appearance.
Rubber with Jeff original using cheap yellow for the binder. Been a while since I used Jeffs on ribs. Man its good!
Went off the norm and sauced at the end with Blues Hog Champions Blend.
Smoked'em at 180 for 1.5 hours then up to 235 for a couple, but they were going to slow so the last couple hours were at 250. Total time was 6.5 hours. I shouldn't have jacked with my normal temps which is 180 for one hour and 250 till done. Oh well it was a slow flaming hot day and not much was happening.
Turned out killer good tho.
IMG_8302.jpg
IMG_8304(Edited).jpg

Nice . I did a slab yesterday too . Be reheating for today .
Those look great .

Very nice! I'm jealous. I had a couple of slabs I was planning to do today but tossed in the freezer Saturday because of the heat forecast. I should have done them yesterday because it "only" got up to around 88....

Oh they look pretty, Bet they tasted great too.
They tasted as good ass they looked
Nice . I did a slab yesterday too . Be reheating for today .
Those look great .
Thanks! Love BB's
:)
The BBR look great from here... Nice...
thank you
Nice job Dave. You always smoke up some great looking ribs!
Thanks Jake! There are a few things I can whip up with little effort and have always turn out great. thanks god ribs is one of them.
Oooooo-LaLa! Those look really tasty.
many thanks
Very nice! I'm jealous. I had a couple of slabs I was planning to do today but tossed in the freezer Saturday because of the heat forecast. I should have done them yesterday because it "only" got up to around 88....
Barring a blizzard, I cook through the weather. that said, forecast in SLC is 100+ for at least a week or more... Can smoke in the heat - but need the umbrella on the smoker or I can tough the handle.
Now I want ribs😡, they look excellent!
I feel that way all the time.

thank all for the kind comments.

Haven't had BBs in a while and those look great Dave!
How did you like the BH sauce? Got some ordered but haven't tried any yet.

Keith

A little late to the party, nice job on those ribs Dave.

Point for sure
Chris

Haven't had BBs in a while and those look great Dave!
How did you like the BH sauce? Got some ordered but haven't tried any yet.

Keith
the competition sauce was good. I liked it quite a bit. not overly sweet.
A fine looking rack of BB's Dave, nice piece of work! RAY
thanks Ray!
A little late to the party, nice job on those ribs Dave.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank Chris! Never too late IMO. I find myself missing posts more than I want to admit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky