Baby Backs - been a long time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
As many of you know I have needed a couple surgeries on my right ankle and knee...the knee being the most recent (last week). They found more to fix than the MRI showed...which sucks but whatcha gonna do besides fix it. 4-6 more weeks of restricted activity. But thats not stopping me from smokin!

Stated up some baby backs on the Rec Teq at 180 for one hour and now we are riding at 250. Here is a before pic and a shot of the umbrella that save me from melting in the summer sun. A finished pics will be coming in a few hours.

IMG_8197.jpg
IMG_8201.jpg

That looks like porkalicious rib perfection to me all day long. Excellent job on those. I bet they were amazing

That color...

Beautiful bark and ring! Those look delicious! I started doing ribs wet, but have become a big Memphis fan the last few years. Welcome back, great work!

I see the umbrella but if you’re convalescing, where’s the beer lounger? You shouldn’t be standing. You need a prescription for a beer lounger.
You are so right! I need a beer lounger for sure. Doubt my wife would agree tho...

Looks like you haven't missed a beat Dave. Those ribs look fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave.

Great looking ribs and your umbrella looks like a life saver.

Nice rock / boulder retaining wall you've got there.

POINT

I see the umbrella but if you’re convalescing, where’s the beer lounger? You shouldn’t be standing. You need a prescription for a beer lounger.
Need a beer lounger - YES
That's some fire ribs Dave!
Thank Jake. Love ribs.
That looks like porkalicious rib perfection to me all day long. Excellent job on those. I bet they were amazing

That color...
It was a big win on this cook for sure. good rib and good smoke.
Great looking ribs and glad you're feeling up cooking again !

Keith
Thank Keith. Hopefully I can keep cooking all summer and beyond now.
Beautiful bark and ring! Those look delicious! I started doing ribs wet, but have become a big Memphis fan the last few years. Welcome back, great work!
Its the first hour on high smoke I believe that helps get the good bark.
Looks like you haven't missed a beat Dave. Those ribs look fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris. First real cook since January. Feels good.
Dang now I gotta do ribs again.
I know the feeling. Might need more real soon here too. Got one more in the freezer from the fall.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave.

Great looking ribs and your umbrella looks like a life saver.

Nice rock / boulder retaining wall you've got there.

POINT
Thank you! this has been a haul of a recovery. the original breakage was 1.28.22. 4-6 more weeks, two surgeries done, one to go.

Without the umbrella I cant even touch the handles. Life saver for sure.

The rock retaining wall was a big project, but turned out killer. House came with a huge retaining wall of rotten and leaning railroad ties.

Looks like you've not lost your touch Dave. Those ribs are spectacular buddy!!

I see the umbrella but if you’re convalescing, where’s the beer lounger?
He's right Dave.You gotta get your priorities in order for a full recovery. Beer is medicinal: it's good for what Ales you :emoji_laughing:
You need a prescription for a beer lounger.
Yes sir!! These are covered by most major insurance providers.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Sven Svensson
Thank you! this has been a haul of a recovery. the original breakage was 1.28.22. 4-6 more weeks, two surgeries done, one to go.

Without the umbrella I cant even touch the handles. Life saver for sure.

The rock retaining wall was a big project, but turned out killer. House came with a huge retaining wall of rotten and leaning railroad ties.
Boy howdy; That is a long recovery.

I can see, by the size of those boulders, that it had to be a big job. Looks like you did real good on it. Did you do the stone patio, too?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky