Baby Backs and Spares for Memorial Day! Q-View!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hmcm

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Upland, California
Hi All,

I decided to smoke some Baby Backs and Spares yesterday to celebrate Memorial Day (who didn't?
smilie_flagge13.gif
).  I'll keep the talkin' to a minimum so enjoy the slide show!

BBRs and Spares from Costco

09db5fee_DSCN2522.jpg

Flap cut off, membrane removed, rub applied (rested overnight) and into the smoker they go!

c99dfd59_DSCN2531.jpg

Spares ready to cut

990e5585_DSCN2555.jpg

Spares sliced

ec70add8_DSCN2556.jpg

BBRs

718052f1_DSCN2557.jpg

BBRs all sliced up

5434727a_DSCN2559.jpg

A platter for the party.  Ribs for everyone!
drool.gif

696a49f2_DSCN2561.jpg

The rub was spectacular!  It was something I just threw together and it was very good.  It is kind of mild with the right amount of spicyness and with all the fundamental ingredients.  The BBQ sauce was a mixture of JD Honey Smokehouse and Bullseye Original.  The local grocery had them on sale this weekend for 99 cents each.  I would have rather used Jeff's BBQ sauce because it rocks but I was running out of time.  I highly recommend it though!

Have a great day!

Hey Harold-nice q-vue. I've grabbed stuff out of the panty before to make up a quick up that turned out pretty good-I just wished afterwards that I make some notes so that I could duplicate the rub again.

Jeff''s Rub is my go-to rub and this past weekend I did a bunch of ribs (5 racks). One one rack, I took about 3/4 cup of rub and added 1 tablespoon of chipotle chile powder to it. One of my sons-in-law sampled a rib off of that rack as his appetizer before supper and I asked him how it was. He said "Um-not bad, tastes just like your ribs always do-dang good." He then finished up the rib and his eyes got wide and he said "Dang-That's a nice kick of heat there at the end! I think you're on to something there, Pops!" And with that said, he grabbed a couple more of the spicy ribs and one of the regular rub ribs and a plate full of Ma Dutche's Baked Beans.

Sorry there is no q-vue- cuz I ended up doing these ribs in the oven.  We had rain every day for a week along with some high winds. The winds rip the tarp off of my wood stack and every dang stick of wood was soaked.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Hi Dutch!

I did the same thing last time I smoked ribs so this time I DID write it down.  This is my rub recipe and I will use it again!
pot.gif

1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar

1/8 Cup Sweet Paprika

1/8 Cup Hot Paprika

1-1/4 TBS Course Ground Black Pepper

¾ tsp Chili Powder

¾ TBS Garlic Powder

¾ TBS Onion Powder

½ tsp Cayenne (Red Pepper)

1 TBS Kosher Salt

½ tsp Dry Mustard

1 tsp Trader Joe’s “21 Seasoning Salute”

½ tsp Old Bay

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky