B B B - Briskit, Baby-Backs & Beans

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gary s, May 30, 2015.

1. BBB
     Brisket, Baby-Backs & Beans
    One of my Grandson’s is graduating this weekend and requested Papa’s Brisket, ribs and beans. Since the Graduation ceremony is at 10:00 AM on Saturday, I am cooking on Friday.

Started at 6:00 AM

The very first thing I do is MAKE COFFEE, pull the Brisket out of the fridge then fire up my smoker.

Once the smoker is going, I season the brisket.

I use Salt and coarse ground black pepper. I don’t marinade, inject or let sit overnight, I season it, let it sit on the counter for 15 to 30 min. (depending on how fast smoker gets to temp) then on the smoker.

I am smoking at 225 ° using a chimney of lump to kick things off and then Pecan splits.

Brisket on at 6:30 AM

Ribs on at 8:30 AM

Beans on at 9:30 AM

Sausage & Hot Links on at 10:30 AM

Note:

I usually wait till about 11:00 or 12:00 to put the ribs and beans on so everything will be ready about the same time.

Today there are chances of thunderstorms throughout the day. So I would like to get as much smoke as possible. And since I am cooking for tomorrow it really doesn’t matter when things come off.

Spritzing ribs with 50/50 Apple Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar.

12:00 PM temp still holding at 225°

Brisket looking good, Ribs have been on for 3.5 hours, trying to decide if I want to foil. Beans coming along, Pulled Hot Links and Kielbasa.

Pulled Beans at 12:30 PM smoke was just right.

Pulled Ribs at 12:30 PM and wrapped, then back on the smoker

Wrapped Brisket at 1:00 PM,  with butcher paper then back on the smoker.

I was going to check the IT on the Brisket just for all of those who were curious, but I forgot. (I never check Brisket Temps just because I’ve cooked so many I can tell by looks and feel) Sometimes I will check it at the end.

Pulled Ribs at 1:30 PM  Let them cool down, then into the fridge till tomorrow.

Brisket still wrapped and cooking.

Pulled the brisket at 7:30 PM   13 Hours, resting on the counter then into the fridge till tomorrow.

Well Here are the Pics. Good news and Bad news I had a bunch of hungry people who was grabbing it up as fast as I could cut it up so I didn’t get but a couple of Pics at the end, sorry it happens.

Choice Certified Angus Beef

The Fat Cap was just right, no trimming required

Here is a pic of the marbling    This is gunna be a good one

Some Salt & Pepper

Baby Back's

Pulling the membrane off

Seasoned up and ready for the smoker

Sorry about the quality of the Pic,  Beans with bacon added, sweating the onions 

and Jalapenos getting ready to add the seasonings

Brisket, Ribs and beans

Had to throw on some Homemade Kielbasa and Hot Links

Sausage and Links done

Ribs ready for wrapping

Brisket Ready to be wrapped

Ribs ready to go into the oven to get warm

Beans ready to eat

This Pic does not do justice to the Brisket, Not as dark as in the pic and smoke ring

did not show up at all.  Son and Grandson said it was my best one yet.

I smoked all day with Pecan splits,  the bark had a great flavor, meat was super juicy 

and tender.

Thank's for Looking

2. tumbleweed1

tumbleweed1 Smoking Fanatic

Damn nice, G!

I see you're still doing the butcher paper thing. I need to try that sometime. I have been contemplating a brisket lately & soon will be doing one.

Beautiful job on all of it, I'm sure it was quite tasty!

TW

3. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

OMG !!![​IMG]

That Brisket is a Thing of Beauty!![​IMG]

So is everything else, but I'm Super Jealous of that Brisket !!![​IMG]

Fantastic Job Gary!!!  ---------------------[​IMG]

And another Great Step by Step!![​IMG]

Bear

4. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great post again.

I just did my first Dutchs wicked beans last weekend in my smoker.  Best beans I ever ate.

Every thing looks great, Gary.

5. Thanks Guys  It was a big success, and I'm tired    and thank's for the point Bear !

Gary

6. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Gary you are without a doubt the master of briskets. I believe you can do those in your sleep.

We are all at our best just standing in your shadow.

And what a great Grandson, wants Papa's BBQ!

7. atomicsmoke

atomicsmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Those texans know their brisket.
    Great smoke Gary.

8. Thanks guys,  and Foam I've cooked so many briskets I can almost do em in my sleep.  When I first started I was like everybody just starting out. I checked it constantly, worried about and hoped it would turn.   Any more it's about like making a sandwich, really don't even think about it much.

But still enjoy a good brisket and seeing everybody enjoy it.

Gary

reinhard likes this.
  9. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Gary, I can't believe what I'm seeing. That cook is a work of genius. My mouth is turning into a salivary express. Great job. Joe

10. Thanks Joe Much appreciated 

Gary

11. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking spread nice work! I need to try butcher paper sometime. Great job Gary!

12. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice how  Gary . Now I have to save for a Brisket and post it , last one was way back . . .

Thank for the look ,

Stan . . .

13. reinhard

reinhard Master of the Pit OTBS Member

WOW!!! That is some great work of love right there!!!  It would be great to be your guest at that meal for sure!!!! [​IMG]Reinhard.

14. krboyd

krboyd Fire Starter

Gary I want a bite that looks good, hope your are staying afloat.

15. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Nothing better than a full smoker. Lookin' good...JJ

16. Thanks guys  and I appreciate the point

Gary

17. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Gary

This is indeed a 5 star smoke.  Congrats to your Grandson. You've worked your butt off to make a memorable celebration. And after all, thats really why we do what we do right? 

Textbook cook my friend. Perfection on a grate. 

B

[​IMG]

18. Thank you Brian

Gary

19. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW ! What an awesome thread & the grandkid must have been real happy ! Your the King Of Brisket my friend ! Thumbs Up I tell ya, your brisket is always a treat to look at ! I'd say ya out done yourself Gary, but don't think that is possible ! Your always posting such awesome threads.... Very nice bud !

20. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Heck yeah

Freakin AWESOME

WTG