AVG. fuel prices the pres quotes are BS....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Our son's Infiniti G37 would throw the check engine light and run like a POS on anything less that premium
Screenshot_20230326_191955.png

He sold it when gas skyrocketed and got a Nissan rogue lol.

My 85 jeep cj8 scrambler in my background pic is carbureted and modded. Won't run on anything but premium

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
Glad I'm old and worry way more about comfort than speed or for that matter gas mileage. We own a Ford F150 crew cab Lariat two wheel drive. A F350 crew cab Lariat dually diesel 4x4. We own a GMC Yukon don't remember might be an SLT but it is loaded with most all the bells and whistles. We do still have my wife's old corvette that needs some work done but she likes the style more than performance and I don't like anything about it and hate to have to get into it.
The prices of fuel are stupid I haven't filled up for a week or so and don't remember the prices. The price matters but doesn't matter we need gas and I want the comfort of those bigger vehicles. Oh and when the vette is running good it gets ethanol free gas. {and of course politicians lie always remember if their mouths are moving lies are coming out.}

Regular gas is still hovering around $5/Gal in So Cal. Luckily I have been retired for 6 months so I only have to fill up my 4Runner about once a month now.

Before that I was spending $90 to fill up two or three times a week.

Gas has gone up a buck a gallon here in the last six weeks. Diesel still at $4.20 a gallon at Sam's, I fill the truck maybe four times a year, 6K miles in the last 4 years. RAY

Reactions: bigfurmn
Aviation fuel (non-jet) is typically 105-115 octane. Put that in an assembly line car and see what happens.
From a story my father told me my Uncle Roger did that back in the day and blew a pushrod thru the hood. I found that out when I asked my Dad why Grandpa called Uncle Roger "Pushrod". LOL

Edit. Names spelled wrong, damn beer*

Last edited:
IDK my wife's C300 Benz calls for premium and I have been putting Costco top tier reg gas and have had no issues with CEL or performance issues.

worry way more about comfort than speed
Im not what some consider “old” around here (43). I bought my CX-9 for comfort of me and my little (getting bigger) man. My wife doesn’t care much but she is average size and most standard seat adjustments work for her. Little man is on a growth chart with me so I want him comfortable on road trips too. I put a K&N intake on it more for the sound with the turbo than performance.

Reactions: pineywoods
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky