Auto stirrers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
is there such a thing? I’d like to do some smoked salt, spice blends , soups and sauces. My brain tells me that continually stirring it would allow more exposure to the smoke throughout. Thoughts?

I've seen auto stirrers for stovetop pots before on some infomercial. Not sure how it'd do with the entire device being in a smoker temperature enclosed space.

I think the best way to get smoked soup is to forget the liquid. smoke all the other components that go into it. there are threads her about smoking salt, and maybe the other herbs and spices. that might give you the flavor you are looking for in the soup.

Reactions: jcam222 and drdon
I'll second the suggestion to smoke the components. Several years ago I made a turkey noodle soup with the left overs from a smoked Thanksgiving turkey. Nothing else was smoked and I cannot imagine anyone wanting a smokier taste.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky