1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

"ATTENTION.. ALL THOSE IN PATH OF "HURRICANE FLORENCE"... RUNNN .. ATTENTION"

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by JckDanls 07, Sep 11, 2018.

1. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

C.mon y'all... lets not procrastinate... RUN NOW ...

Hurricane Florence is huge already and there's only a couple of days left... Been There, Done That.. Praying for any and all that will be affected... all's you can do is prepare for the worst and pray for the best...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    wbf610 likes this.
  2. 73saint

73saint Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Good advice!

3. pc farmer

pc farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Yup, she looks bad. Hoping for the best for everyone in her path

4. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Stay safe all. This is going to be a bad one. The entire East Coast is going to see a piece of this storm. Either a direct hit or after heading inland and north...JJ

5. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Stay safe down there>
    Richie

6. Here in Chesapeake VA. ...
    Will try to batten down the hatches...we simply can't run and leave everything.
    Only concerned about tall tree's in the back yard and the pond.
    Fingers crossed!
    Teddy

7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Man we sure lucked out this time, that thing could be headed toward Florida!!
    Good luck to all of you & stay safe!!
    Al

8. zippy12

zippy12 Smoking Fanatic

Virginia Beach - Stayen! looks like the rain fall will hit Columbia SC now!

9. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Like JckDanls 07 Been there done that and later is to late batten now and be safe.
    Prayers for all in the line of fire.

Warren

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  10. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I just read that they have recorded 83' waves on the front of the storm. Surge will be nasty.

11. Bearcarver

Bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It's good I checked first---I was going to start a Thread just like this.

Good luck to all my Smoking Brothers & Sisters, and Prayers coming for ALL, from the Bear's Den!!

Bear

12. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Two of my Cousins, and their families, were wiped out by Katrina when it rolled into Mississippi.
    Even the slab was gone from their homes.
    My cousin Vic, when they could go back, actually stepped on a body covered in the mud.
    No body wanna be that body...
    Listen to the evacuation orders!
    And God Help you.

13. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

So glad that it lost strength before landfall... Praying for the best ...

14. pc farmer

pc farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Man its still bad

15. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks like you guys up north are gonna get a taste of it next!
    Al

16. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

I hear there are allot of power lines down. Be careful around any water.

Chris

17. johnmeyer

johnmeyer Master of the Pit

A good friend is an international first responder and went to Bay St. Louis, MS two days after Katrina hit. He had me help him with a presentation he wanted to give, complete with pictures. New Orleans would have been fine if the levees had held, but from what I saw in Mississippi, nothing could have withstood the wind and storm surge that hit in Bay St. Louis.

So thankful neither of those things were a problem with this one, but the rain is unbelievable. I have a niece whose house in NC is six blocks from the coast where it came ashore, and the house is perfectly intact, but the water is unreal. It is going to be worse inland, when those rains hit the mountains and come down as flash floods. This ain't over yet.

18. zippy12

zippy12 Smoking Fanatic

hurricane food
    [​IMG]

chilerelleno likes this.
  19. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

As bad as it is... Everyone in Florence's path is or should be counting their small blessings that she steadily weakened from a Cat4 to a Cat1 at landfall.
    The rain/flooding and Cat1 wind damage is bad enough as is.
    Mother Nature can be a real .....
    Prayers for the dead/injured and dispossessed.
    And doing 180° reversal, I wish they'd actually go back to shooting the damned looters.

I was inside Ivan's eye wall, sideswiped HARD by Katrina and a few others thankfully smaller.
    Two roofing jobs, siding on the house, fences, all my Water Oaks, power losses for over a week.
    BTDT.