Are we having OTBS nominations this year?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There is a list of nominees being compiled. Whether they get vetted this late in the year or early 2021, remains to be worked out. In any event PM names of deserving members, that are helpful, courteous, Welcome Newbies, have multiple Threads Posted demonstrating their ability to Smoke Meat and have at least One Year of active membership, for consideration...JJ

Reactions: crazymoon
That was Your Post. And what is a Pole?...JJ

Jimmy, you have a PM and don't take the bait. He has been reported to the mods and just had a thread he started with the same inane junk deleted. That response from him above has also been reported and will probably be gone in a minute.

THREE CHEERS FOR CHEF JIMMY!!
YES! I had to read that name he referenced a few times before realizing what it was. I could use much more colorful metaphors, then I'd be lowering myself to his level. Great job and very timely.

Hmm, sounds like the Spamming I'm getting through my "Alert Emails".

Says they're coming from "Anthony S Murdock ".
So I click on it, and it goes nowhere.
Nobody by that name on SMF.

I alerted Brian, but maybe you guys know something about it???

Bear

I alerted Brian, but maybe you guys know something about it???

He was reported repeatedly by several members for multiple posts as soon as his posts hit. Jimmy jumped in immediately, cleaned up the mess, and dropped the ban hammer on him. We won't be seeing him again. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Robert

Just wondering if there are nominations this year as I can think of a few deserving members.

Sadly this thread got sidetracked but I've been on the lookout for the nomination post also. This has been a REALLY weird year though. I contacted one of the staff not long ago and asked if it was OK to send nominations. The answer was yes but nobody is really certain how it's all gonna play out this year. Of course everybody has their fingers crossed that it will all come together as in previous years.

Robert

I suspect there will be a new class in the not so distant future. Nominations are to be PM'd to a Moderator or Admin not posted in threads.
Dutch Dutch will probably be around before to long so we can start the vetting process

Reactions: jcam222
This is it. Let’s start it now.

I nominate zippy zippy zippy zippy

Hey Derek...just a friendly heads-up. In case you aren't aware of it, you nominated a 65 year old newbie from Saskatchewan Canada with a total thread count of 7 and who has not been into the forum for almost 6 years. Something tells me that's not going to meet the criteria for OTBS recognition :emoji_wink:

Robert

Attachments

• 38826.jpg
    38826.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Actually it states that this fellow Zippy would be 65 years old Robert. Maybe Derek was thinking of bestowing the OTBS title as some kind of posthumous award? RAY

I do believe we have 3 Zippy___ members.
Of course there are a bunch of Chef______, here too...JJ

Hey Derek...just a friendly heads-up. In case you aren't aware of it, you nominated a 65 year old newbie from Saskatchewan Canada with a total thread count of 7 and who has not been into the forum for almost 6 years. Something tells me that's not going to meet the criteria for OTBS recognition :emoji_wink:

Robert

lol I’m referring to the one you reported.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky