April Throwdown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida

There are no limitations of what you can do. It can be anything as long as it has Cheese in it.

The rules are the same and available HERE. I made 1 rule change. Before it had to be 1 picture on 1 plate. I made it so that its just 1 picture. If you want to use multiple plates then you can.

Please submit all entries to me by midnight EDT on May 1 2012. Please email all entries to me at [email protected]

Code Word: Fresh

Best of luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Its corrected. Thanks for spotting it.

Everyone say cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.....................

c9a67721_redneck_dog_teeth_3.jpg

Last edited:
CHEEESE! ha we're sure going to see recipes from all over the globe here!

Does anyone else think the multi-plate rule just leads to people making as many entries as they can? One of these times someone's going to go to a Buffet and get one of everything and take a picture!

I feel it's harder to correctly judge and vote on a one plate entry vs a 7 plate entry. Especially since we can't taste em!

Thanks for putting another throwdown together!

CHEEESE! ha we're sure going to see recipes from all over the globe here!

Does anyone else think the multi-plate rule just leads to people making as many entries as they can? One of these times someone's going to go to a Buffet and get one of everything and take a picture!

I feel it's harder to correctly judge and vote on a one plate entry vs a 7 plate entry. Especially since we can't taste em!

Thanks for putting another throwdown together!

I agree!

That became a problem on another forum, people with lots of time on their hands and money to burn whomped other people by creating a load of dishes. It was extremely unfair. Many stopped participating. It wasn't fun anymore.
Folks were just throwing out a ton of stuff and hoping something would stick.
It became more a blow-out, than a throwdown!

Bad deal!

Guys 

I have been judging for a while and I will tell you 1 pic is hard to get several plates presented properly - so a single plate is just as attractive as multiple plates. 

Go find your dish and bring it - not sure if I am judging this month or not - might even enter if I have the time

i know what i'm making and it will be one dish.

I agree!
That became a problem on another forum, people with lots of time on their hands and money to burn whomped other people by creating a load of dishes. It was extremely unfair. Many stopped participating. It wasn't fun anymore.
Folks were just throwing out a ton of stuff and hoping something would stick.
It became more a blow-out, than a throwdown!
Bad deal!

Party Pooper!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky