Apple Pie Baby Backs! with plenty of pics!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking ribs, I’m planning something similar with John Henry peach rub and some cooked down peaches on the rotisserie.
I would love to see that recipe/thread and try that myself! Document what you do and take pics!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Dear SMF Family,
i have been watching Malcolm Reed's YouTube channel as several of you do this pandemic and i saw a recipe i wanted to try....Apple Pie ribs. I made the recipe once a week ago on some St Louis spares. we loved the flavor and i wanted to cook some for my Dad. My Dad loves baby backs so i made some for him with baby backs instead of spares. here is how it turned out.

First we start with a sprinkling of kosher salt for 20-30 minutes
View attachment 456668

Then i use Heath Riles Apple Rub
View attachment 456669

I let them sit for an hour before the went on the pit

View attachment 456670
Onto Suzy Q to start to smoke
View attachment 456671
Spritzing every 20-30 minutes with apple juice ac vinegar mix
View attachment 456672
Running right around 250 Degrees
View attachment 456673
After 2:15 in the smoke they get wrapped with butter and apple butter mix
View attachment 456674
after 2:15 in the foil they get a nice sauce treatment using a new version of candy apple red sauce
View attachment 456675
right off the pit the come red and ready to rest...
View attachment 456676

Sliced both racks of ribs for my family to eat!
View attachment 456677

well that's my new go to rib recipe apple pie ribs. my wife loves them my mother in law will eat them and they are good all around.
Thanks for looking and any comments i will try to respond and thanks for any likes you would like to leave as always they are appreciated!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Awesome job bud!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky