Anyone tried smoking Rice, peppers, meat casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
Was thinking of do a rice casserole, some of the banana and cubanelle peppers from my garden along with some onions and maybe some sausage. Was wondering if it would be best to precook the rice to some point, then throw it all together, but know I need some moisture in the pan to keep it from drying out. Beef Broth maybe?? Would appreciate any ideas on this.

I would precook the rice. When I do casseroles with rice I always precook the rice. Same goes when I make stuffed peppers and use rice.

Pre cook the rice and maybe cook it in chicken or veggie broth and add a bit more broth to help with moisture since you mention using Sausage. I smoke stuffed peppers all the time, so this wouldn't be much different - just a deconstructed stuffed pepper. 

Pre cook the rice and maybe cook it in chicken or veggie broth and add a bit more broth to help with moisture since you mention using Sausage. I smoke stuffed peppers all the time, so this wouldn't be much different - just a deconstructed stuffed pepper. 
Yep, I have done the smoked stuffed peppers before.

but pepper were not really of size to do this, this time. So opted for cutting them up in sections along with onions and other goodies.

Almost forgot to post these. Chuckie prior to wrapping.

Smoked Peppers, Onions and Sausage. Will definitely do this again. They were very good.

Got one of the "partial pull" chuckies. Had to cut some of it up, but it was quite tasty.

Steamed Kale and the peppers over a bed of brown rice. Very nice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky