Anyone tried burgers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Pittsburgh
Just found out I am left to my own devices for dinner tonight, so I thought I would try this.

Burger with jeffs rub
Muenster cheese added right at end with fresh chips in a lame attempt to get some smoke on the cheese.

My question is how long should it take the cheese to melt at 220?

Also, I plan to pull it around 130it,(like em rare), around what temp should I put this cheese on( I know, very subjective question, just looking for a guess)?

The patty is probly 12 oz or so
a2udyne7.jpg

How long did you smoke the burgers for. Did you run smoke the entire time. They do look great. Im going to try it with sharp chedder. 

Man, that q-view really turned on the waterworks!!!

drool.gif

Great job...

Food safety question...did you grind your own meat?  I just don't trust store bought enough to make a rare burger.  If I don't grind it or have it ground it goes at least med. well.

Looks great, I have smoked burgers in the past and they have been a big hit. It is sounding pretty good wish I had a smoker close by I would make one for lunch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky