Anyone have big plans for 4th of July?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whole chicken, ribs and stuffed mushrooms. No fireworks in the campground, but the town has a nice show, so we'll be heading there.

headed to the mountains where it will be cooler this PNW Weather is crazy this yr 112* tomorrow and does not look any better for next weekend You all have a great 4th

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

headed to the mountains where it will be cooler this PNW Weather is crazy this yr 112* tomorrow and does not look any better for next weekend You all have a great 4th

DS

Sounds like I better head to your mountains! Ours are only a few degrees cooler than our in town forecast!

Doing a BBQ for the neighborhood, then we all walk down to the local school yard and do fireworks for about 2 hrs. And yes it is going to be hot this weekend in the PNW - Portland is supposed to get to 102° - gonna have to fight the dogs for a space in front of the A/C!

I'm going to see some old friends of mine and my sister and her family all in the Black Hills. Not smoking anything but I do have plans to grill some duck for the friends. Then on the 5th he's going to be delivering the sermon at his church and sense he's always been a spiritual guide for me I'm really looking forward to that.

Running away to the shore house. Several smokes planned. Ribs, csr's, abt's, beans, porkroll. Plenty of seafood to grill along with bottomless Zombies and boat drinks. All supplies packed up and double checking shopping list. Can't wait.

Ill be at work 6am til noon then im doing a town wide standby for the fire dept. Prolly cook up some pork butt the day before for the guys at the dept and also be doing a cook out with some steak and sausage the day off. Then we usually head to some spot to sit up on top of the engines and watch fireworks.

I am doing Chicken for a party on the 3rd.

Still trying to figure out what I am going to do for the 4th.  Maybe ribs and a butt for a neighborhood gathering.

Smoke ON!

-Jason

Well WAS going to the Mountains but not now  too DANG NAB IT HOT!!! We hit 114 last weekend and is suppose to get to 105 This weekend so I think I may change my mind and smoke some Chipolte wild fire snack sticks, maybe some pulled pork and make sure that cooler is well taken care of. 
beercheer.gif

Hope everyone has a safe and great fourth, What ever you do smoke make sure your smoker is full!!! EXCEPT Folks in WA and CO. you guys know what I mean!!
police2.gif

ROTF.gif

DS

Last edited:

Well WAS going to the Mountains but not now  too DANG NAB IT HOT!!! We hit 114 last weekend and is suppose to get to 105 This weekend so I think I may change my mind and smoke some Chipolte wild fire snack sticks, maybe some pulled pork and make sure that cooler is well taken care of. 
beercheer.gif

Hope everyone has a safe and great fourth, What ever you do smoke make sure your smoker is full!!! EXCEPT Folks in WA and CO. you guys know what I mean!!
police2.gif

ROTF.gif

DS

Do not for get Oregon, it was made legal today there

Well WAS going to the Mountains but not now  too DANG NAB IT HOT!!! We hit 114 last weekend and is suppose to get to 105 This weekend so I think I may change my mind and smoke some Chipolte wild fire snack sticks, maybe some pulled pork and make sure that cooler is well taken care of. :beercheer:

Hope everyone has a safe and great fourth, What ever you do smoke make sure your smoker is full!!! EXCEPT Folks in WA and CO. you guys know what I mean!!:police2:   :ROTF

DS

It's smoking good here in Oregon DS! Thinking I'll smoke three racks of baby backs, a tr tip, some wings, Dutch's wicked beans. I don't know why but all the sudden I have the munchies!

Daughter bought me a Masterbuilt Signiture electric smoker the 30 ".  Family is getting together on the 4th .. I am smoking and  grilling chicken 4 of them.  Started out was just to be 6 of us  now over 16 are coming  BBq chicken  deviled eggs and biscuits just my share of the meal. Half scared that it will  rain that day as  this electric and I dont have a covered area to cook under.

No big plans here. I'll probably smoke some ribs, maybe a couple of butts too. 

Mainly going to relax, enjoy the celebration and maybe go see some fireworks.

Pulled Chicken and Pulled Pork on Friday.

Deviled Eggs, Ribs, Sausage, and Mac & Cheese on Saturday.

Lot of pit time this weekend!

Smoke ON!

-Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky