any used blueberry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shaggy smokes

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
LeRoy, NY
Wondering if anyone has used blueberry juice for there meat when putting in foil. I cooked some chicken once with a blueberry ale it was delicious with the Cajun seasoning and the blueberry taste

I've used tart cherry, apple juice, apple cider, apple wine, bourbon, apple jack, and hard pear cider.  I'll have to add blueberry ale to the list!
Something I want to try and smoke with. I only did it at a hotel I was cooking in an electric skillet. The 10 guys that had it were amazed. I have a bunch of frozen blueberries and was thinking of throwing a cup or two in

I make Blueberry BBQ Sauce, so juice in the foil should be great...JJ

I used my search engine and typed in 'blueberry bbq sauce recipe' and I got 2,270,000 results for Blue berry BBQ sauce.  I clicked on a few of them and this is going to go on my to do list, at the top.  Especially the one with Bourbon in it.

Last edited:
Blueberry sounds good on chicken!  I tried a premixed lime Margarita with ribs when I had nothing else to marinade with and the ribs were a hit with the family. That was a marinade however, not sauce. 

Here you go folks. Enjoy...JJ

BLUEBERRY BUBBA Q JUICE

1 Quart     Ripe Blueberries

2 Each      Shallots, Peeled and Sliced

1 Large     Clove Garlic, Peeled and Sliced

1 TBS        Butter

1 CUP       Balsamic Vinegar

1/2 CUP    Water

1/2-1 CUP Packed Brown Sugar

1 TBS        Molasses

1 TBS        Dijon Mustard

6 oz            Heinz Chili Sauce or Ketchup

6 Each       Large Basil Leaves, torn

Wash blueberries, set aside.

Melt the butter in a large sauce pan.  Add the shallots and garlic, saute until soft but not browned.

Add the blueberries, vinegar and water to the sauce pan.  Bring the berries to a boil, reduce heat and simmer the berries until soft.

Add the remaining ingredients stirring until well combined, simmer for 5 minutes.

Add the sauce to a food processor and puree until smooth.  Return the sauce to the sauce pan.  Simmer until desired thickness, adjust seasoning 

with salt, pepper. Add additional sugar, vinegar or hot sauce to taste.  Cool and store in refrigerator for up to one month.

Yield:  approximately 1 quart.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky