Any experience with DigiQ or CyberQ temp controllers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nomad_archer

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 21, 2019
Brickerville, PA
I am hoping someone is willing to share their experiences with the BBQ Guru DigiQ or CyberQ temp controllers with a WSM. The black friday sales have seriously considering picking one up for those longer smokes. What is the good, the bad, the ugly. I am typically using my smoker 2-3 times a week for just about anything from an hour cook to longer pork butt cooks.

Thanks in advance.

I am hoping someone is willing to share their experiences with the BBQ Guru DigiQ or CyberQ temp controllers with a WSM. The black friday sales have seriously considering picking one up for those longer smokes. What is the good, the bad, the ugly. I am typically using my smoker 2-3 times a week for just about anything from an hour cook to longer pork butt cooks.

Thanks in advance.
I have a CyberQ and it works awesome. I have a XL Green Egg. You can set it to a temp and forget it. You have access to it via your cell phone (via a webpage). The interface is old and not very helpful. I recently found an app called CyberCook for a few bucks that you can download. It's better than the native web page User Interface but still kinda clunky. Functionality of the devices is unbeatable.

I saw the ads in my email, and checked them out yesterday. I have been wanting one for a while to use with my Pitmaker Safe smoker, but couldn't justify the cost. I ended up getting the DX3, and it came with a foam case, 2 free bottles of bbq sauce, and I added the magnetic holder. I'm smoking 6 turkey breasts fro customers, and i really want to see how this thing works.

Do a google search for BBQGURU COUPON CODES, and you'll find a page that takes you to BBQ Guru web site. Its a click and spin game, and if you don't win, just keep clicking until you land on the 777 icon. You'll get a code for and additional 5% off your order.

So i basically got my shipping for free, and I chose 2nd day air. I think my total was $218 for everything.

If you've got the extra cash, definitely get one NOW if you've ever wanted one, because i've never seen them this low.

Reactions: nomad_archer
I really wanted the CyberQ, but i've read reviews where the user interface isn't as good as it should be, and if you don't have your WI-FI set up properly (who does), it can be a real headache.

The only difference between the DX3 is the color. One is black, the other is green.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky