Any Cooking Show?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Food Wishes, Glen and Friends, Pasta Grammer, and Buon-A-Petitti are my favorite YouTube channels. Grandma Gina is a spitin' image of my long-gone Italian nonni. She speaks english EXACTLY like my nonni. My wife only understands about every tenth word. I understand everything Gina says.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I know it's scripted, but I REFUSE to watch Gordon Ramsey. Just seeing his face makes we want to punch somebody.
Mainly him. I know it's a personal taste, but he insists that "perfect" scrambled eggs have to be half-cooked, and runny. Not for me.

Pam and I have been watching Rachel Ray. It seem we learn something every episode. The woman can cook and has been doing it a long time.

Reactions: chopsaw
I learned fairly recently that recipes featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives are available on The Food Network website. At least 1750 of them are, at the present time.

Recipes featured on Triple D

That's pretty cool, as I've seen quite a few on the show that I'd like to replicate. And some of these are on a scale appropriate for home use.

Then there are the others that start with 75 lbs of flour or 120 chicken thighs or some such, those will require a bit of scaling down...
Thanks for sharing! Did not know this

I love the old PBS series.
Graham Kerr got me started.
Jeff Smith was another to watch especially when I lived in Seattle, and he was the local from Tacoma. Long past friend was one of the researchers (editors) for the Frugal Gourmet cookbooks series. I drew the line at chicken feet.
The heavy drinking minister sins caught up to him.

The modern stuff especially food network is mostly entertaining.
Chef Jimmy and I had many conversations on the value.
He liked Valerie Bertinelli not for her cooking but the smile brought back memories.

I like Elton Brown even though he has oops in the Good Eats, I still enjoy. Even the revisted Good Eats still has misses I enjoy

II really miss real cooking shows and have started watching that guy I got from Keith, @indaswamp Chef Jean-Pierre. Really enjoy him. Just learned I been cutting onions all wrong. Don't need to slice horizontally.
Didn't know inda was recommending him, but I have watched chef jean-pierre's channel a few times since it came up in my feed.

Oh another YouTube one that is interesting

Tasting History with Max Miller - As it sounds historic foods

I made a Chicken dinner that the Romans would have made 2000 years ago.

It was pretty darn good. Roman on the left Peruvian on the right.

chickens_02.jpg

I watch a lot of cooking on YouTube, off the top of my head.....

Ballistic BBQ
Ballistic Burgers
The Hungry Hussey
allthingsbbq
The Stay at Home Chef
Brian Lagerstorm
HowToBBQRight
Meat Church BBQ
The Sauce and Gravy Channel
ThatDudeCanCook
The Flat Top King
Vito Iacopelli

Just a few.

Reactions: 912smoker
My personal favs are on you tube…
Malcom Reed
BBQ Pit Boys
Hey Grill Hey
Cooking With Ry
Chef Tips With Chef Jason Hill
Emeril Lagasse

I used to watch BBQ Pitmasters, but I got to where I could not take Myron Mixon and his arrogant attitude anymore!

I am still watching Chef Jean-Pierre. I really enjoy his video's. He is quite the character. Very entertaining. I need to start trying to dig up some Justin Wilson video's.

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky