Another Tender Eye Round (SV)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Another Tender Eye Round (SV)

At $3 a pound I couldn’t resist, so we got two of them.
Other than making Dried Beef & Smoked Lunch Meat, this is the only thing I’ll do with Beef Eye Round, since I got my Sous Vide Supreme.
It’s hard to believe how tender & tasty it gets by doing it this way.

So all I did was trim the Fat off of the outside, season it, & Vacuum seal it.
Then into the SV @ 134° for 21 hours.
Then I seared it in a Frying Pan until it looks pretty.
Then after having a fine meal of Roast Beef, Mashed Taters with Gravy, and Peas, I slice the rest for Sammies.

Then after that first meal, I just put a little gravy on the plate, drop one slice of bread on it, then a pile of Beef & more Gravy, then another slice of Bread, and some more Gravy to top it off.
If I have Fries to go with it, I like to top them with some gravy too.

Sometimes I ‘m still hungry, but can’t handle another one, so I just throw some Beef & gravy on my plate, add one slice of bread, and top that with gravy.

That’s about it for this time—Hope I’m not boring anyone with my occasional Repeats!!

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

Two Eye Rounds @ $3 a pound:
IMG_3313.jpg

All Fat Trimmed off.
Seasoning with "Herbox" Beef:
IMG_3315.jpg

Fresh out of my Sous Vide Supreme:
IMG_3322.jpg

Searing in a Pan:
IMG_3323.jpg

Slicing some for Supper:
IMG_3324.jpg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_3326.jpg

The rest sliced for Sammies:
IMG_3328.jpg

Gravy, Bread, and a Pile of Beef:
IMG_3330.jpg

Finished with another slice of Bread, some Fries, and more Gravy over the works:
IMG_3332.jpg

Still had room, so Gravy & Meat-----
IMG_3333.jpg

More Gravy----
IMG_3334.jpg

Top with a slice of bread, and Gravy:
IMG_3335.jpg

Very Nice! I missed the last sale on eye's...I want to pick up some more on the next sale to sous vide. In the mean time, I can pull out a venison round to sous vide.

Looks Great Bear, It all looks mighty tasty to me
\
Gary

That's looking good as usual. I have a couple in the refer. I jut keep forgetting to put them on 21 hours out. I usually remember 2-3 hours past the Go Time. Bev says, will do it tomorrow and same thing...JJ

That's point worthy for sure. Love me some beef-n-gravy sammies.

Point for sure
Chris

Very Nice! I missed the last sale on eye's...I want to pick up some more on the next sale to sous vide. In the mean time, I can pull out a venison round to sous vide.

Thank You Inda!!
We've been having a lot of sales lately.
Just Friday, I got a 5LB Prime Rib (Choice) & a 4LB NY Strip Roast (Choice), both for $4.67 a pound.
And I got an 8LB Pork Shoulder for 99 cents a pound. (All Limit 1 per buyer).
Pork Butts around here are usually $2.99 or higher!!

Bear

Thank You Inda!!
We've been having a lot of sales lately.
Just Friday, I got a 5LB Prime Rib (Choice) & a 4LB NY Strip Roast (Choice), both for $4.67 a pound.
And I got an 8LB Pork Shoulder for 99 cents a pound. (All Limit 1 per buyer).
Pork Butts around here are usually $2.99 or higher!!

Bear
Awesome! Glad you are getting some sales! I currently have my hands full with all the pork I bought... smoked the CB yesterday and put 1/2 the bacon on the cold smoke last night. Will pull that batch off @5pm and start the second batch of maple bacon to smoke. Gonna be slicing and sealing a lot of stuff this week....

Anyone ever make a trip through Louisiana, pack an extra ice chest and you can bring home as many $0.99/lb. pork butts as you can carry.....sales are fairly regular around here....

Yeah, I know your neighbor "GaryS" has those same 99 cent sales on Butts.
But do you get Choice Prime Rib on sale for $4.67?

Bear

Yeah, I know your neighbor "GaryS" has those same 99 cent sales on Butts.
But do you get Choice Prime Rib on sale for $4.67?

Bear
Only once a year will I see prices like that...but you would have to buy the whole rack to get a price that low. I've been tempted, believe me. I've thought about cutting 1" steaks to freeze and saving a roast to cook whole.

I could do a sammie with horseradish and mayo. I'll be in Pa this weekend I just might stop by. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Too late for any of this!!
"Deer-a-Roni" today for the Bear.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's looking good as usual. I have a couple in the refer. I jut keep forgetting to put them on 21 hours out. I usually remember 2-3 hours past the Go Time. Bev says, will do it tomorrow and same thing...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
You really have to do one of these ASAP.
You won't b believe how Awesome it is, and so easy.
Just 21 hours @ 134°, and it comes out Perfectly Fork Tender an Tasty!!

Bear

wow! That looks great. Now that ya'll hooked me on smoking I guess I need to look into this sous vide stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky