Another Small Stick Batch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Perfect as always.

That seaosning still on their site?

Reactions: zippy12
Does ICR have a website? How do you order from them & know their costs?

I order the caddys from Dupey Equipment in Clive Iowa. Dupey buys them from ICR.

I know this thread is old but can I ask a couple questions.

1. Mine didn't wrinkle, I stuffed them pretty firm and smoked then let air cool.
2. Why the brown paper bag?
3. How much pink salt do you use per lb of seasoned meat?

Thanks for any info.

DOn

I know this thread is old but can I ask a couple questions.

1. Mine didn't wrinkle, I stuffed them pretty firm and smoked then let air cool.
2. Why the brown paper bag?
3. How much pink salt do you use per lb of seasoned meat?

Thanks for any info.

DOn

1. Take them right from the smoker and they will wrinkle.
2. Brown bag is a tip an Amish friend showed me, takes any surface oils or liquid off.
3. Pink salt as in Cure #1 is added at 1 level tsp per every 5lbs of meat. 1/2 tsp for 2.5lbs

I know you asked per pound, you really need to weight cure on a good set of scales with 1/100th of a gram resolution. 1.13 grams per pound is for cure #1. But for larger batches measure by volume will work just fine. A decent gram scale with that level of accuracy and a calibration weight is like $30 on amazon. Well worth having as it lets you run small batches with repeatable accuracy when tweaking a new recipe.

ezVg11t.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky