• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Another scale question

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
I got an Escali off Amazon.

Pounds,ounces, grams and tare.

Works great, was fairly inexpensive.  25 bucks.

Model #P115PO.

amazon" style="max-width:120px">  

Lots of good reviews.

Have a great day!!

Craig

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
This is the one I use.  The pull out display is handy if you are using a larger container that would normally cover the display.

amazon" style="max-width:120px">

baboy

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 8, 2008
I use the same one as Bassman and really like it, got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon that seems to come in the mail monthly. The issue is with weighing small quantites, like 1/4 tsp almost all of the consumer scales will round off to 1, 2, or 5 grams. A 1/4 tsp of mace will be under 1/2 a gram so you could easilly double the amount you need. I found that I use the above scale for most items and switch to the following for very small itmes.

Harbor freight has a small (drug dealer) scale that weighs in 0.1g for $11 on their web site and in the stores. I can not link to the scale as it seams Harborfreight.com is down right now, but you can search for it when the site comes back up.

old poi dog

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 26, 2007
When my first scale  I got off ebay died on me I think it was Pops that recommended RIGHTONSCALES.COM  Try googling them.  They have a variety of scales to choose from.   I opted for the My Weigh ibalance 500.  Adam was the gentleman that I talked to.

smokeamotive

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2009
Thanks for all the help guys. Old poi dog it looks like I'll be getting the i500. Just over a pound of capacity and weighs by.01grm. And they state that you need a 500grm mass to calibrate. Already have that covered. I use 500grm weights to calibrate scales at work and have one in my toolbox!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.