Another scale question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got an Escali off Amazon.

Pounds,ounces, grams and tare.

Works great, was fairly inexpensive.  25 bucks.

Model #P115PO.

Lots of good reviews.

Have a great day!!

Craig

This is the one I use.  The pull out display is handy if you are using a larger container that would normally cover the display.

I use the same one as Bassman and really like it, got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon that seems to come in the mail monthly. The issue is with weighing small quantites, like 1/4 tsp almost all of the consumer scales will round off to 1, 2, or 5 grams. A 1/4 tsp of mace will be under 1/2 a gram so you could easilly double the amount you need. I found that I use the above scale for most items and switch to the following for very small itmes.

Harbor freight has a small (drug dealer) scale that weighs in 0.1g for $11 on their web site and in the stores. I can not link to the scale as it seams Harborfreight.com is down right now, but you can search for it when the site comes back up.

When my first scale  I got off ebay died on me I think it was Pops that recommended RIGHTONSCALES.COM  Try googling them.  They have a variety of scales to choose from.   I opted for the My Weigh ibalance 500.  Adam was the gentleman that I talked to.

Thanks for all the help guys. Old poi dog it looks like I'll be getting the i500. Just over a pound of capacity and weighs by.01grm. And they state that you need a 500grm mass to calibrate. Already have that covered. I use 500grm weights to calibrate scales at work and have one in my toolbox!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky