Another pork loin... Love it but I goofed...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Great, Dave!!
Looks more like some Great Ham than CB.
Nice Job, as always.
Like.

Bear

LIKE. Love loins and did one not long ago and turned out great. Dave, how do you monitor your temps? I am using your method via tables (135F) but having a heck of a time keeping track of temps and times. I think I need to upgrade to something that keeps a log of temps. Any advice?

When the internal temp gets to130-135 ish, I note the time... The table notes a temp of 130F will pasteurize the meat after 2 hours ish... Then when it gets to 135F, I note the time.. I run the smoker at 150F ish... so it's a slow process which gives time to pasteurize the meat without drying the krap out of it.. Next time, I will set the MES 30 to turn off after a 2 1/2 hour delay when it hits 130F..
As far as monitoring the temp, I have a
MES 3 001.JPG
MES 3 002.JPG

I adjust the smoker temp with the dimmer...
Temp is monitored on the MES panel for smoker temp.. I know it doesn't read too accurate BUT... I've been using it for 8 years and the real temperature does not make any difference to me... My food cooks according to the erroneous readings... I've adjusted to them...
Does any of the above make sense ???

Reactions: zwiller
Yes makes sense. My issue seems that it always seems inevitable I get interrupted and lose track of the smoke/no time to write temp down. I am not really into using my phone for everything but the data tracking of a BT therm setup looks handy for me. At least until I can get a feel how long stuff takes at the low temps.

I just don't see the netting making a big difference in the texture. salts and sugar yes, and the actual piece of meat for sure.
When you pulled it out of the cure was it firmer the usual?
I like to slice it very thin, and then texture doesn't come into play.
I guess I'll have to try a couple and see for myself.

When you pulled it out of the cure was it firmer the usual?
I like to slice it very thin, and then texture doesn't come into play.
I guess I'll have to try a couple and see for myself.

I injected it... already trussed up... I try to slice thin also.. I think, like Foamy, it taste better the thinner it is... I like to cut a whole loin into 2-3# hunks and work from there...
Make a couple and change up the seasoning...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky