Another Poolish Bread Mix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
One of the ladys here asked if i could make this kind of bread, she would buy them.

Yeeeeeup

Poolish mixed and fermented overnight. From the book flour/water/salt/yeast
IMG_5638.jpg

Mixed the poolish with the main flour, buld rise for 3 hours, now divide/fold and form.

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

These are the bannetons i use for high hydration dough.
IMG_5637.jpg

Both covered and final rise for 2 hours or until doubled.

IMG_5641.jpg

Reactions: chef jimmyj
that does no look like my banneton...I have one of the natural woven things. what is this one you have here? do you use it on all SD?

that does no look like my banneton...I have one of the natural woven things. what is this one you have here? do you use it on all SD?

Bulka Banneton Bread Proofing Basket Brotform Spruce Wood Pulp 9 inch - Non-Stick Round Dough Proving Bowl Boule Container for Bread Making Sourdough Artisan Loaves, Made in Germany.

I have those wound ones too.
IMG_5646.JPG

Second
Same mix but they sure are different.
IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5651.JPG

Reactions: robrpb
Very nice looking bread. Great job. I have been looking at your other bread threads as you post them and I am encouraged to learn and start baking bread.

Rob

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
You've become quite the Baker, Rick! Were all the loaves baked in Cast Iron?...JJ

Thanks JJ

Yes i use 2 diff lodge cast.
6qt dutch
IMG_5615.JPG

Lodge cast combo cooker, 5qt
bfst7.JPG

And a 4.5qt enamaleware
IMG_5540.JPG

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Your getting pretty good at this Rick!
Gonna have to get you an apron!!
Don’t want to get flour on your clothes.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky