Another newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gjw

Original poster
May 29, 2007
Hello folks,
My name is Greg, and I live in NW Iowa. I just purchased a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker today, along with some Bradley bisquettes and a Bradley cookbook.
I've never smoked anything before, so I'm here to learn. You all have a wonderful site here.
I have a beautiful wife, two wonderful kids (ages 1 and 2), and a six month old black lab. My main interest is duck hunting, but I also enjoy pheasant hunting, mushroom hunting, and playing with my muzzleloader.
Again, I'm impressed with the site. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends here.
Greg

Welcome aboard. As another newbie, I can tell you there is enough experience and knowledge on this site that if you try to take it all in at once, your head could explode.
I learn something new everyday here.

Welcome GJW. You will find alot of information on smoking (food) here. Everyone here is nice and helpful. They all have helped me a great deal. IMHO this is the way to cook meat. Nothing tastes better.

Welcome to SMF!!!

Take the 5 Day E-Course...it's free but priceless in what it will teach you.

You might just become an expert on smoking Duck when you learn the ropes on this wonderful world of smoking.

Welcome Greg -

You've come to the right place to learn the wonderful and adictive art of smoking food. We have a lot of masterbuilt smokers here that can give you 1st hand advice. If you have any question fel frre to post them!

welcome to smf. i agree, the 5-day course is excellent. i also recommend spending the money and buy jeff's rub and sauce recipes. i just made them today (for the first time) and must say they are the bomb.

Welcome to the SMF!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will become a regular here. You will find the folks very friendly and willing to share with you. Have fun.

Welcome aboard Greg! There are alot of great folks here with great information, don't be afraid to ask questions and share your experiences with us!

Hi Greg! Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
We're all so glad to have you with us!

You've found THE place to be to learn all about everything smoked, where the folks are friendly and always ready to share their knowledge of, and experience in the smoking arts. When you have a question, just ask and it will be answered.

Soon you'll be smoking and serving up such delightful fare as smoked duck and smoked pheasant...perhaps with a side of wild rice and mushroom dressing!

Again...Welcome aboard...

Welcome aboard SMF Greg, and hello from Canada...I also have the masterbuilt...you may want to return the book and bisquettes as they are geared up for the bradley smoker,different from the one you have,you'll want wood chips for your smoker and they are alot cheaper than the bisquettes,have fun with it ,questions,just ask away
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky