Another New Toy (Bears Love New Toys!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

Well, I got a new toy for Christmas, so I had to try it out.
It’s one of those “Power Indoor Smokeless Grills”.
I might as well give it the Old Ribeye Test, and see what happens.

So I Marinated a Rib Steak for a few hours in some “Laury’s Teriyaki Marinade”.
Then I preheated the Grill to 450°, but I think I should have preheated it longer, as it didn’t do my Steak justice in the “Grilling” of this Steak. It took too long, and wasn’t cooked evenly. I think I was asking too much of a Grill to do the job without getting it hot enough. I’ll find out next time the weather Sucks!!

Anyway, The Steak was still Awesome, and we added some Sautéed Mushrooms, Baked Taters, and some Green Beans.

Then the next night, I took the leftover Steak & cut it up in small pieces, along with the Shrooms, and heated that all up.
Then I sliced up the leftover half of a Baked Tater, and fried that up, and put that all on a Plate for the Bear.

As for this Toy, the jury is still out:
Like I said the cooking part took awhile, but that might have been my fault for not preheating good enough.
The cleaning was a Snap, as both the Grill & the Griddle are non-stick.
The system it has for removing the smoke works great, but I’ll know better when I do 6 Deerburgers on it. One Steak wasn’t much of a test.

So far I like it, and it should help out a lot on lousy weather days!!

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

"Power Indoor Smokeless Grill" Warming Up:
IMG_3069.jpg

One nice Rib Steak finished marinating:
IMG_3070.jpg

Onto the Grill:
IMG_3072.jpg

Removed after a couple of flips:
IMG_3073.jpg

Rib Steak, Baked Tater, Green Beans, and Shrooms:
IMG_3074.jpg

Baked Tater Slices in the Fry Pan with Butter:
IMG_3080.jpg

Just about Ready:
IMG_3081.jpg

Next Night's Supper.
Cut up leftover Steak heated with Shrooms, with Fried, Baked Tater Slices:
IMG_3082.jpg

Well, I got a new toy for Christmas, so I had to try it out.
It’s one of those “Power Indoor Smokeless Grills”.
I might as well give it the Old Ribeye Test, and see what happens.

So I Marinated a Rib Steak for a few hours in some “Laury’s Teriyaki Marinade”.
Then I preheated the Grill to 450°, but I think I should have preheated it longer, as it didn’t do my Steak justice in the “Grilling” of this Steak. It took too long, and wasn’t cooked evenly. I think I was asking too much of a Grill to do the job without getting it hot enough. I’ll find out next time the weather Sucks!!

Anyway, The Steak was still Awesome, and we added some Sautéed Mushrooms, Baked Taters, and some Green Beans.

Then the next night, I took the leftover Steak & cut it up in small pieces, along with the Shrooms, and heated that all up.
Then I sliced up the leftover half of a Baked Tater, and fried that up, and put that all on a Plate for the Bear.

As for this Toy, the jury is still out:
Like I said the cooking part took awhile, but that might have been my fault for not preheating good enough.
The cleaning was a Snap, as both the Grill & the Griddle are non-stick.
The system it has for removing the smoke works great, but I’ll know better when I do 6 Deerburgers on it. One Steak wasn’t much of a test.

So far I like it, and it should help out a lot on lousy weather days!!

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

"Power Indoor Smokeless Grill" Warming Up:
View attachment 385779

One nice Rib Steak finished marinating:
View attachment 385780

Onto the Grill:
View attachment 385781

Removed after a couple of flips:
View attachment 385782

Rib Steak, Baked Tater, Green Beans, and Shrooms:
View attachment 385783

Baked Tater Slices in the Fry Pan with Butter:
View attachment 385784

Just about Ready:
View attachment 385785

Next Night's Supper.
Cut up leftover Steak heated with Shrooms, with Fried, Baked Tater Slices:
View attachment 385786

Wow, that all looks delicious. Have looked at those a couple times. Wife says we won't use, I tend to disagree a bit :emoji_wink:.
Keep us posted.

Cool new toy. The chow looks good to. I would need two to feed my crew...JJ

Seen it, just not sure about it. The wife says i have enough "toys" but if it works and cooks a good steak maybe i need to buy one and not stand outside in the rain or snow to cook a steak!

Looks Great, Bear!
And Wow, them grill lines!
I bet you'll nail it down to your exact liking, but I'd call your first try a success!
Where does the smoke go? An EPA scrubber?

Looks Good and "TASTY" I like it

Gary

Looks Great, Bear!
I bet you'll nail it down to your exact liking, but I'd call your first try a success!

Thank You Sonny!!
I read some reviews, and a couple people complained that theirs didn't kill the smoke.
Other Reviewers told them that was because they didn't put any water in the bottom pan, like the instructions say.
Apparently you put at least a cup of water in that Pan, then the Fan sucks it down, and past the water, and the Smoke adheres to the water in the pan. No water in Pan, no getting rid of smoke. That's what they say!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
I've hear of Heavy Water (nuclear), and Wet Water (fire fighting), But I never did hear about Sticky Water before...
:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL---I never heard of it before either, but it seems to work.
You see the smoke rise---Turn on the Fan---See no more smoke & Smoke alarms don't go off.
However the real test will be 6 Deerburgers.

Here's what they say (below):

According to the website, you’ll start by removing Power Smokeless Grill’s drip tray, heating element, and grill plate. Then, add about two cups of water to the water tray/collection pan and reassemble.

After making sure the unit is resting on a flat surface (otherwise, it can cause the grease to leak out) and inserting the detachable power cord, you’ll touch the ‘Fan’ button to turn it on, and then the ‘Power’ button to activate the heating element.

Using the LED smart temperature control, you’ll press the up or down arrows to toggle the heat settings, and you’re ready to start adding your favorite foods and grilling indoors.

As Power Smokeless Grill grills your food, Turbo Speed Smoke Extractor Technology is said to create a “vacuum-like environment, which pulls smoke down through the vent into the unit, so the smoke does not escape into the air.” Instead, it’s channeled into the water contained in the collection tray.
At the same time, we’re told food particles like grease and other airborne molecules are trapped, while the water helps cool the smoke and eliminates almost all of it from the system. This way, they advertise it won’t smoke up your kitchen, or the air in the rest of your home.

When you’re done, press the ‘Fan’ and ‘Power’ buttons to turn each off.

Although the grill and griddle plates, lid, drip pan, and water tray are dishwasher safe (you can also hand wash), the manufacturer emphasizes that you’ll want to let Power Smokeless Grill cool down before cleaning.

Bear

Thats kind of cool! Back in the 80's I had what I think they called a "smokeless BBQ" and it definitely wasn't smokeless or a BBQ. No grill like yours has, and no fan. I tried it once or twice and then it got sold at the next garage sale. It was terrible! Looked something like this.

smokeless BBQ.jpg_640x640.jpg

Wow, that all looks delicious. Have looked at those a couple times. Wife says we won't use, I tend to disagree a bit :emoji_wink:.
Keep us posted.

Thank You WR !!
I might have to use it this weekend---Supposed to get 6" to 12" of Snow tomorrow, Then a Half inch of Ice, and Zero Temp Sunday morning. I can't take that Crap any more!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Cool new toy. The chow looks good to. I would need two to feed my crew...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
I can understand that!!---Not for a bunch!!
Just right for the two of us.

Bear

Very nice looking ribeye, Bear!

My mother got one of these for Christmas and she invited my wife and I to come over and try it.

We cooked thick-cut strip steaks, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2” thick. It kind of cooked the steaks unevenly for us, like you said. The outside was overcooked by the time the center of the meat was at our preferred IT. My mom loved it, she likes her steaks well-done.

Having only used it once, I can’t say anything about it. I think the grill would be awesome for burgers, chicken, shrimp, pork and grilled veggies...thinner steaks would work well, I just think it would struggle with a thick cut steak or pork chop.

Well you have some nasty weather coming to put it to the test. We’re getting about 12-16” here.

bear does it actually taste like a grilled steak or more of a fried steak, ive looked at grills like this before but always had my doubts if it would actually taste like a grilled steak. hope your ready for the snow!

Seen those infomercials. The steak looked great. Don't kick yourself to hard. Looked like perfection to me, especially if it tasted good.

Thank You Much!!
It did taste very good.

Bear

Seen it, just not sure about it. The wife says i have enough "toys" but if it works and cooks a good steak maybe i need to buy one and not stand outside in the rain or snow to cook a steak!

Thank You!
I just can't take that Nasty Weather, like I used to!!

Bear

Looks Great, Bear!

Thank You Sonny!!
I expect I'll learn more when I grill the next six Deerburgers---Soon!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Dang there goes that Bear again new toys. I have one that's real old and it is not smokeless as said in other post should have waited for the up dated model. Oh well live and learn.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky