• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

andouille and 80 pounds of fresh sausage

mriversinco

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 24, 2013
We had our sausage stuffing party today.  Ended up doing 15 pounds of andouille that I started last night and smoked today and then had 3 buddies over to make 80 pounds of italian, chorizo, and jalapeno and cheese fresh sausage.

The andouille was the nola recipe and then smoked with pecan.  It's absolutely fabulous and I'm wishing I did more than 15 pounds.

Cubed and ready for spices

hanging for the night

out of the smoker

money shot

Getting the fresh sausage started

last of the jalapeno and cheese mix

final stacks

another view of 80 pounds of sausage

Overall, it was a pretty good day and the sausage is awesome.  The Italian and the Chorizo are straight from Rytek's book, the Jalapeno is mainly taken from http://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/jalapeno-sausage but with the cheese added in.  Half the batch was standard cheddar and the other half was high temp buffalo cheese.  WOW, is about all I can say.

thanks for looking

spacetrucker

Joined Dec 22, 2013
looking real good I noticed your stuffer, I bought the same one a couple weeks ago, haven't had a chance to use it yet looks like it worked well for you?

papap

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 9, 2013
Looks great. Thinking about trying the andouille recipe myself.

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Wow 100# that's starting to sound like work......LOL 

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Do you need help storing that sausage. The conditions here in the Rockies are ideal storage conditions. Just saying.

Disco

deputyboo

Joined Dec 29, 2013
Looks good we are going to butcher pigs in Feb there our about 8 to 10 of my buddies we get together and butcher 10 to 15 pigs start to finish in one day it is a lot of work but a lot of fun there may be some beer drank lol

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
One heck of a party! Great looking sausage. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.