an official bullet owner now!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinadam

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
Appleton,WI
got this beauty brand new the other day and did a quick cook on it last night. Need to learn more but the theory of maintaining temp is so true. Worked as advertised and I'm sold. It's only a 14.5 but should be able to fit a couple butts on it from looks. I'm really excited to use this more and more. I also have pellet grill but haven't used that for awhile. Down the road I could see myself getting another. I built a mini but not the same control with 1 vent compared to 3.

got this beauty brand new the other day and did a quick cook on it last night. Need to learn more but the theory of maintaining temp is so true. Worked as advertised and I'm sold. It's only a 14.5 but should be able to fit a couple butts on it from looks. I'm really excited to use this more and more. I also have pellet grill but haven't used that for awhile. Down the road I could see myself getting another. I built a mini but not the same control with 1 vent compared to 3.
Nice I am looking at getting the 22.5" fire destroyed my mini

Richie

Nice I am looking at getting the 22.5" fire destroyed my mini
Richie
Richie for the price it will be well worth it. I was kinda like hmm that's expensive for that style smoker but getting this for a really good deal and using it showed me that a 22.5 would be definitely worth it and be awesome!

Best wishes!

Congrats on the new smoker.

You just can't beat a Weber.

I have 3 of them.

Al
thanks Al! I got 4 weber currently but my silver will be going to my buddy as a donation for him and his brothers house as I have a gold already that I use.

Questions...
Is it best to let your bullet wide open and burn through all of the charcoal and not reuse the partial coals? I always do this with my kettle but seems to keep the temp down in my bullet. Still got it to 240 but wanted to try to get 300 for my wings.

I always reuse after shaking the ash out. I finish things on the gasser most of the time but have had my 18.5 over 350* with no/dry pan just need to figure out how many briquetes to start to hit your temp,my guess a fully lit chimney in the 14.5 should get pretty hot. Congrats on the WSM!

First burn great heat and controlled awesome. This time control awesome but can't get real hot. I did shake and also stirred coals come before getting the wings on to try to get hotter but nothing. All 3 open full and top open full. Got water in the pan... is that why?

That would be my guess. How many lit coals are you starting with? For smoking I light 15-20 and leave all vents open to get close to temp and close two fully and the third is left around a quarter open. When I'm trying to get the heat up I'll take the waterbowl out and light a lot more charcoal.

That would be my guess. How many lit coals are you starting with? For smoking I light 15-20 and leave all vents open to get close to temp and close two fully and the third is left around a quarter open. When I'm trying to get the heat up I'll take the waterbowl out and light a lot more charcoal.
I started with a out 15 to 20 hot coals. Also using some lump with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky