AMNPS & Pellets vs. Creosote

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thebig1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 3, 2016
Kingston, PA
I've been reading about people talking about using their MES and a pellet tool to generate smoke. A lot are speaking of the continued need to produce TBS as opposed to the white smoke due to creosote.

Most MES owners I talk to who use the AMNPS say that there is no need to pull the chip tray out for air flow. If you don't pull it out you get thicker white smoke with a prolonged burn in the AMNPS. When pulled.out, you get the TBS with an extremely fast burn in your AMNPS.

Of course I want the most for my money and don't wish to burn up all of my pellets.

So do pellets create creosote? When using pellets is the thicker white smoke something to worry about or consider?

Chad

Its all about proper fire control and the right air adjustment then you won't get creosote.

Warren

I'm only on my 2nd smoke in my MES 30 but I'm finding my way with chips and amount and time. So far so good. I have about 20 lbs of chips, apple, and pecan that I got at a great price. If I find this too intensive I'll switch to the AMNPS so it's set it and forget it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky