Amish White Sandwich Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey man just hanging out here smoking a lot of meat making sausage and homemade cheese and I am into Bees and honey the past year. Just keeping busy I'm 74 in a couple months. Hope ur good. Take care.

Hey man just hanging out here smoking a lot of meat making sausage and homemade cheese and I am into Bees and honey the past year. Just keeping busy I'm 74 in a couple months. Hope ur good. Take care.
Still the best bread in town.

Reactions: pc farmer

Hey Old Pal !!
Good to see ya!!
Glad You're doing Well !!

Bear

Gonna bump it up again! Saw the recipe on Facebook, although it was missing a key ingredient; like flour! So I went searching and remembered there is a baking forum on this site, and found it right away.

Used unbleached AP flour and it turned out pretty good. Don't know why exactly but I slit the top before last rise, and buttered the top when it came out.

Still amazed at the wide range of skills of the Users on this Forum! Glad I found it and joined up!

Rick

Attachments

• 316794297_660712675734930_7744435846834049579_n.jpg
    316794297_660712675734930_7744435846834049579_n.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: noboundaries
Made this yesterday for turkey sammies last night, with the last of stuffing and casseroles....yummy!

Also makes excellent toast the next morning!

Here is the bread that I have been making lately it is a great sandwich bread with lots of flavor.Give it a try you will like it.Ingredients
  • 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 6 cups bread flour
[h3]Directions[/h3]
  1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
  2. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
  3. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.View attachment 588825
My wife just made some. Read this in the morning to her and she said print that and started making it.

1701111617216.png

Reactions: Cody_Mack
Has anyone tried the recipe for rolls?
Yup. Back when I had bad pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky