Amish Style SummerSausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
In November i did some Amish style summer sausage. I used some unbleached muslin cloth sewn at the bottom and one side. Stuffed and tied. I added an extra 2 Tbs to the 5 pounds just to give it more flavor.I need to learn to keep my smokes in folders so i dont have to hunt to find the pics...HA

967a70a4_DSC00684.jpg

4f76fd94_DSC00701.jpg

Not the best looking but it sure is good.

2e9b53d4_DSC00702.jpg

e5614b7b_DSC00704.jpg

Looks good

In November i did some Amish style summer sausage. I used some unbleached muslin cloth sewn at the bottom and one side. Stuffed and tied. I added an extra 2 Tbs to the 5 pounds just to give it more flavor. I need to learn to keep my smokes in folders so i dont have to hunt to find the pics...HA

The Sausage Looks Great...

What was it you added an extra 2 Tbs of to the 5 Pounds?

some bread and honey mustard sause please.................

Slices look Great!

Can you give up your recipe?

And what was the extra 2 TBS of?

Thanks,

Bear

In November i did some Amish style summer sausage. I used some unbleached muslin cloth sewn at the bottom and one side. Stuffed and tied. I added an extra 2 Tbs to the 5 pounds just to give it more flavor. I need to learn to keep my smokes in folders so i dont have to hunt to find the pics...HA

Sorry i get to typing and well ya know
icon_eek.gif

2 Tbs extra of mustard seed.

icon_eek.gif

I thought maybe that was it----There seems to be a lot of them.

Thanks,

Bear

icon_eek.gif

Thanks, you had me worried for a while.  I was hoping it wasn't Cure... LOL

It is definitely some good looking Sausage...

icon_eek.gif

Thanks, you had me worried for a while.  I was hoping it wasn't Cure... LOL

It is definitely some good looking Sausage...

Nope not cure. Been doing this to long to mess the cure up
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif

Your sausage looks awesome. I bet it does taste good and who really cares what it looks like. Specially after the first bite.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky