Amish Mustard Pickled Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Braz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 25, 2017
Indiana
Amish Mustard Pickled Eggs (18 - 24)

INGREDIENTS:

18 to 24 hard boiled eggs

1 thinly sliced large sweet onion (or 1½ medium)

Mustard Pickling:

6 cups water

1 1/2 cup white vinegar

1 ½ cup sugar

1 ½ tbsp. kosher salt

4 1/2 tbsp. prepared mustard

1 tbsp. brown mustard seed

½ tbsp black mustard seed

2 large garlic cloves, sliced

3 tsp. turmeric - OPTIONAL

Combine the pickling ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat to slightly cool. Place hard boiled eggs and sliced onions in a lidded jar/container. Pour mustard pickling mixture over eggs and onions. Place in refrigerator for 10-14 days. Give a swish every day to make sure everything is coated.

Tried Lisacsco's recipe few weeks ago. Noticed your post with recipe in that thread and copied it then.

Gonna try your's soon.

I like pickled eggs. Wife doesn't like them nor when I eat them ... you gas the reason.

I'm trying to figure out what makes these Amish versus German.
Don't recall Amish on the internet nor using foreign spices as turmeric.

I like pickled eggs. Wife doesn't like them nor when I eat them ... you gas the reason.

I'm trying to figure out what makes these Amish versus German.
Don't recall Amish on the internet nor using foreign spices as turmeric.

Being 100% Pennsylvania Dutch, married for 51+ years to a 50% Pennsylvania German Girl, and living just a stone's throw from Lancaster, PA (Home of the Amish), I can bet there is very little difference between the Amish Eggs & the German Eggs.

Bear

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky