Amish Mustard Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Amish Mustard Eggs

OK—I had to finally try these:
I followed the recipe from this Thread, by “lisacsco”:
amish-mustard-eggs-my-mom-said-to-share-this-with-you-guys.96827

First, after rounding up everything needed from the above Recipe, we had to Make some Hardboiled Eggs.

I wanted them to be real pretty & easy to peel, so we used the new Toy I got for Mrs Bear.
It does that exactly—Easiest Eggs we ever peeled, and they’re nice & clean & smooth when they’re done.
Below is a Picture of it, and here is one on the Web. This isn’t the one I got, but it’s the same thing as mine. Mine was only about $9.

Microwave Egg Cooker:

So I followed all the directions Egg-zactly, and below is what I got.

These Eggs were Great!! I will do them again!!
They had Real good flavor, but for some reason mine didn't penetrate into the eggs, like my Pickled Red-Beat Eggs alway do.

I didn't take many pics of "Just eggs", so some of the Pics have to be with the meal I had them with:

Bear

One Dozen Eggs ready for the Brine:
IMG_6082.jpeg

Just filled & Cooling:
IMG_6083.jpeg

Ready for Fridge for at least 72 hours:
IMG_6084.jpeg

At 75 hours:
IMG_6131.jpeg

At 6 days, with Ham & Home Fries:
IMG_6129.jpeg

At 8 days, with a couple Dogs:
IMG_6140.jpeg

At 2 weeks, with a Pulled Pork Sammy & Dill Spears:
IMG_6144.jpeg

I need to try those. I remember reading through that recipe a while back. Looks like your enjoying them with some good meals Bear!

Nice ! That's something I've been wanting to try . They look so good .
Thanks for posting .

Not a big fan of pickled eggs, but those look real good.
I may have to give them a try!
Nicely done John!
Al

Yup they are awesome. If you read back over the original post some guy keep them for a long time. To me they have a taste somewhat like deviled eggs not sour at all.

Warren

Pretty Cool !! have to give them a try

Gary

Those look great John,, Like! I'll have to get one of those toys for the wife, she eats HB eggs constantly, but not the yolks. RAY

It may be easier to hard boil some eggs and slice in half then coat with frenches mustard... just sayen :emoji_ok_hand:

FRENCH'S CLASSIC YELLOW MUSTARD

INGREDIENTS
Distilled Vinegar, Water, #1 Grade Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder.

I made some a while back. using mustard ( no turmerec). They were great. Color hardly stained the whites after 72 hrs. But in an effort to enjoy them for a while I nursed them along and after 7-10 days they were a beautiful yellow all the way to the yolk.

That recipe for the egg sounds really interesting, I am going to have to try it.
Thanks for sharing that recipe link.

Thank You John!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I need to try those. I remember reading through that recipe a while back. Looks like your enjoying them with some good meals Bear!

Thank You Travis!!
Yup---These go good with a lot of things!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

It may be easier to hard boil some eggs and slice in half then coat with frenches mustard... just sayen :emoji_ok_hand:

FRENCH'S CLASSIC YELLOW MUSTARD

INGREDIENTS

Distilled Vinegar, Water, #1 Grade Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder.

Great idea!!
You can just do them that way.

Bear

I made them from that post several times last year. We were really hooked on them for months. Been too long since we’ve had them. I’ll need to resolve that now.

Looks good. . .
Confusing part for me is, how is that usable in microwave with aluminum ?

Thank You Rider!!
Yup---Seemed funny to me too, and my Micro-hood was over $600, so I asked that question on their Web Site, and got the answer, below:

Ask a Question
  • Will the metal inside the pod harm my microwave?
    Not at all, this product is constructed to work safety within the microwave.

Nice ! That's something I've been wanting to try . They look so good .
Thanks for posting .

Thank You Rich!!
And Thanks for the like.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterrider
Not a big fan of pickled eggs, but those look real good.
I may have to give them a try!
Nicely done John!
Al

I actually prefer my Pickled Red Beet Eggs more, but these aren't bad at all.
I'll do them again.
And Thanks for the Like, Al.

Bear

Yup they are awesome. If you read back over the original post some guys keep them for a long time. To me they have a taste somewhat like deviled eggs not sour at all.

Warren

Yup, but I noticed some of them got the color to penetrate the Egg.
I followed the recipe exact----More Yellow Food coloring needed??
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Pretty Cool !! have to give them a try

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yup---Definitely worth a try.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those look great John,, Like! I'll have to get one of those toys for the wife, she eats HB eggs constantly, but not the yolks. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Mrs Bear often eats Egg Salad Sammies, and I hate seeing her struggle to peel hard to peel eggs. This "Pod" really makes nice HB Eggs.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky