Am I nuts?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mgwerks

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Texas Hill Country
I have been looking to make a large smoker for the house, and I have a line on one of these for a few hundred dollars. The compressor is bad so all of that would have to come out. Certainly not a capacity issue though it is larger than I really want, and adding heating/smoking apparatus shouldn't be hard.

11414b13aZZZZZZZZZ8a9f00e271fe4bf12f3.jpg
1fa1311g0ZZZZZZZZZ8a918f2e637f6481895.jpg

Any idea how it would fare being left outside? Also, any idea what the insulation is like in these? I'd hate to have to rip out foam. Is this even worth messing with? I'd like a single door narrower one than this but haven't found one. Might even be able to use ti for cold smoking as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky