Food Dehydrators

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think I need to remind my wife of this machine when she grows her herbs next year. She usually dries them in the oven I think.
I need to harvest my rosemary and thyme to do this. Both have survived the cold so far.

I may do this next year. My buddy does it to make pepper powder but I know he does it outdoors.
Definately outside when grinding and stand up wind
. I started dehydrating peppers outside, my poor dog couldn't take it in the house lol
I think I need to remind my wife of this machine when she grows her herbs next year. She usually dries them in the oven I think.
Oven does accomplish drying but a dehydrator is a lower heat for a longer period, I do 120° for lite herbs/green onions and 135 for peppers. This leaves the vibrant color and to me a better product when used later.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky